4 channel mixer outputting mono audio

icy100

Heya,

Wasn't sure if this was too basic for the mixing forum so I thought best post it here, apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I'm using the Behringer MX400 (gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-MX400-Micromix-4-Channel-Mixer/6LZ) with 2 inputs both using 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables (ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8m-6-35mm-Jack-to-3-5mm-Jack-STEREO-Mini-Jack-Cable-Plug-6-3mm-1-4-Lead-2m/371216221318?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) outputting into a Sennheiser 598 that has a native 6.35mm cable.

One of the two inputs coming directly from my computer, that cable is plugged into the line in on my motherboard. The other input is coming from my Nintendo Switch. The only problem is that the audio is outputting in mono instead of stereo. Any ideas? If I had to guess i'd say it's 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables i'm using.

Thank's very much!

Heya,

I'm using the Behringer MX400 (gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Behringer-MX400-Micromix-4-Channel-Mixer/6LZ) with 2 inputs both using 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables (ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8m-6-35mm-Jack-to-3-5mm-Jack-STEREO-Mini-Jack-Cable-Plug-6-3mm-1-4-Lead-2m/371216221318?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) outputting into a Sennheiser 598 that has a native 6.35mm cable.

One of the two inputs is my computer, that cable is plugged directly into the line in on my motherboard. The other input is coming from my Nintendo Switch. The only problem is that the audio is outputting in mono instead of stereo. Any ideas? If I had to guess i'd say it's 6.35mm to 3.5mm cables i'm using.

Thank's very much!
The MX400 is a 4-in/1-out mono mixer. Where are you expecting to get stereo from?

The MX400 is a 4-in/1-out mono mixer. Where are you expecting to get stereo from?

Ah, that's pretty obvious then, thanks for pointing that out. Wish they would've mentioned that on the product page. Would a simple mono to stereo adapter like this amazon.co.uk/kenable-Stereo-Socket-6-35mm-Adapter/dp/B003OSXND6 work to turn it into stereo or is there something else I could use?

You can't turn mono into stereo with an adapter but that one would take the 1/4" mono (TS = tip/sleeve which is hot+ground = mono) and let you plug a 3.5mm headphone into it and get the same signal in both ears, if that's all you want.

You can't turn mono into stereo but that adapter would take the 1/4" mono (TS = tip/sleeve which is hot+ground = mono) and let you plug a 3.5mm headphone into it and get the same signal in both ears, if that's all you want.

Great, thanks for your help.

Back