2 Person podcasting set-up.

Stew663

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here and after scouring the depths of the internet for information I have decided to just come out and ask my questions, no matter how defeatist that may be;

For a while now my buddy and I have been talking about starting a podcast, so we decided to take the plunge and buy some equipment, easy right? Basically what I have is around $200 dollars and I'm seeing here that I can get a decent couple of mics and a Mixer that will do the job but what I need to know is if it will all work together, as I am no expert. The reason for the Mixer is really only having the ability to connect two mics at once so would it be worthwhile to get this or should I just put all my cash towards a nice microphone and share it between the both of us?

Here is what I have sitting in my amazon cart:

Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Microphone

Yamaha MG102C 10 Input Stereo Mixer

Behringer UFO202 Audio Interface

HDE 10ft/3m XLR Female to USB 2.0 Cable Instruments/Microphones

Also, if this does work the way I hope it does, what kind of headsets would you recommend to go along with this set-up? Sorry if this is long winded or was posted in the wrong place, as I said I'm brand new here!

Thank you in advance!

Blue Yeti USB microphone has a "figure 8" setting that will you allow you two to face each other at a table and it picks up each of you pretty well. Just plug it into your PC and record. Within your budget.

It's quite popular with podcasters. Do a youtube search on it for some demo's.

Back