WATCH the video for WATCH

This is terrific. I know I'd already to the finished version on soundcloud earlier in the week, but this cool little video brings it all together so nicely. The bass tone sounds so full as I listen now, don't remember it being that rich last time I heard it. It's past 'forum good' now and well within the realm of an a good listen on its own merit.

I know it's been a battle to get all the constituent contributor parts to come together cohesively and I think they finally do. Well done all four of youse :)

Cool. I watched a few times. I remember many, many different mixes/versions of this. What you've settled on sounds the best by far.

Some of the stills so literally reflect what is being sung, but I enjoyed the moving footage.

Where are the neighborhood shots from? Is that AUS? You look very serious playing guitar and bass! - both funky looking instruments...what are they? The headstock on the guitar is super long and odd shaped, but it's kind of cool. The bass is nice as well.

So, did you ask ido and erik to film themselves when they tracked stuff for this thinking you'd eventually do a video, or did they go back and shot footage after the fact? No offense, but erik is pretty scarey. He looks like an evil, elmer fudd hat-wearing rabbit. Are the stills of trish?

I'm glad you posted this. Thanks.

theredbull,
thanks for your kind words.
Robgreen,
it's thanks to you, Rob, that I went back to the beginning on this mix - using abstracted ears is a good, good thing. The bass tone: basically I reduced the EQ I'd had and carved a little space from the guitars to allow it to fit better. I then had it mastered & took some advise the ME offered as well re the final mix. Weeze a thank'n y'all!
Heatmiser,
The vid is literal - it was hard to be otherwise.
The chorus snaps are of Trish/Fritsthegirl. Gerry Recorded his vid many months ago & Erik only last weekend - spookily odd - & that fits the theme I think, all after the fact. Mine were last weekend as well - I very rarely smile in snaps. The guitar is a Guyatone Mosrite copy (def long headstock with a bodged humbucker dropped into the bridge position) & the bass is an Emperador semi acoustic. The former was a gift from my brother-in-law imported direct from japan a couple of years ago (after many years in a shed with the sun shining on it - lots of deep parallel cracks in the paint- I think) and the bass I bought for $100 in the late 80's - it's a 70's MIJ like the guitar. I do like an 70's MIJ (about 7 of my instruments are from the era/price range).
Oh, the suburban scenes are for the US. Might be agated neighbourhood or something.

Last edited:
Armistice,
Fritsthegirl/Trish is the series of blurred photographs, Ido1957/Gerry plays the solo with headphones whilst looking down, Erik plays the kit with THAT mask/hat thing as well as falling over near the end & I'm trying to hold my gut in behind my Mosrite copy & Emperador bass.

Hey Ray, I'd call that a wrap! Good project, start to finish. Cool vid too, really like the moving clips you managed to get your hands on. And it's good to put faces to the names for you and ido. I suppose fatfleet will have to remain an enigma. :)

Hey Ray, I'd call that a wrap! Good project, start to finish. Cool vid too, really like the moving clips you managed to get your hands on. And it's good to put faces to the names for you and ido. I suppose fatfleet will have to remain an enigma. :)

The scary thing is that fatfleet isn't actually wearing a mask... :eek:

FTG,
Or as Terry Pratchett wrote...
" a mist wrapped in an enema."
TP is a very funny man.
Thanks for collaborating with me Trish: I found it fun, and very rewarding. I like learning more about the process and having your voice & melody to work with was a treat!
Your 4 photographs worked out REALLY well in terms of the theme and the transitions.
I have a co-write with you in the archive now - that's really cool too.
There've been some good comments re the vid and song (pity about the 6 likes on soundcloud - seems some sleaze netrobot grabbed the obsession tag).
Nice that it's done too.
Thanks for the help on the project Rob. Erik is comfortable remaining fat_fleet/Erik for the present.
On to the next track I suppose, (I do have three at my usual impasse).

Erik,
Your resilience, style and good humour has been a great asset to this project and to Alice. Thanks!

Armistice,
Fritsthegirl/Trish is the series of blurred photographs, Ido1957/Gerry plays the solo with headphones whilst looking down, Erik plays the kit with THAT mask/hat thing as well as falling over near the end & I'm trying to hold my gut in behind my Mosrite copy & Emperador bass.

You're a good looking man ray... I'm not sure why you're not a rock god already... :thumbs up::)

Back