Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: roto-scopping

Thanks

roto-scopping

Sign in to disable this ad
    failing my attemps at chromo keying, dose anyone know how to rotoscope?

Thanks
    I tried rotoscoping.... I gave up. It is very labor intensive. Chroma-keying is so much easier. Give the green screen a 2nd try!!

Thanks
    woowee a differnt site modorator! then maybe there is hope for this forum after all!

To be honest all I wanted to do was roto scope my head out of the video
    Dropbox - fuck you jimmy shit for brains.bmp - Simplify your life

Thanks
    I'm confused? People have been pretty helpful to you in all the topics I think you posted in. you've got a bit confused on the chromakeying and rotoscoping side of things, and to get Google to work well, remember it's chromA not chromO - makes a difference to the search results.

Keying one image with another is a common feature and Chilli is dead right when he says it's time intensive. Rotoscoping is the process, as I'm sure you know, of removing objects, frame by frame, and chromakey a different way to do it, based on colour. Things like After Effects can rotoscope quite well by tracing a boundary, like they did in film rotoscoping years ago. You drop a dividing line onto a single frame of a video - like around your head. You do the cutout, and then trim the edges with tools. You then move a few frames forward - 25 to 90 typically - 1 to three seconds is common, but depending on the content you can extend. Then you do it again, and the software then runs through each frame, trying to capture the same area on each as it moves. Then you do it again and again, and the result can be amazingly good - or bad, depending on how the tracking forwards works. Trouble is, un less you have the software you can't do it, and it's expensive. It's also time consuming, boring and repetitive, and the learning curve steep.

Your dropbox link is also titled in a way that means I've not clicked on it - I just don't like bad language. I'd not use it with strangers, so I guess many members who could help, won't. Frankly I'd not know what to expect clicking on that - and my grandson uses this laptop and I don't want that kind of stuff in my history. Sorry - but I also didn't;t understand the snidey blast at the forum either? Why are you so angry and dismissive, when I for one, have tried to help. We're a pretty friendly community and as far as I'm aware, nobody has been anything other than helpful, and the maybe there's hope for the forum comment a bit misplaced - based on the number of members and posts. You're the newbie who needs to fit in - maybe if you read a few older posts, you'll see how we like it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob aylestone View Post
    Google to work well, remember it's chromA not chromO - makes a difference to the search results.
    The google search resalts for chomo was a load of rubbish! telling you to use 3 point lighting which has you have said dose not work

You drop a dividing line onto a single frame of a video - like around your head. You do the cutout, and then trim the edges with tools. You then move a few frames forward - 25 to 90 typically - 1 to three seconds is common, but depending on the content you can extend. Then you do it again, and the software then runs through each frame, trying to capture the same area on each as it moves. Then you do it again and again, and the result can be amazingly good - or bad, depending on how the tracking forwards works. Trouble is, un less you have the software you can't do it, and it's expensive. It's also time consuming, boring and repetitive, and the learning curve steep.
    I would be intrested in giving this method a go! but I have ran into issues with software in the past where
    1. they dont run on 32 bit machines
    2. they dont run on windows xp

Your dropbox link is also titled in a way that means I've not clicked on it - I just don't like bad language. I'd not use it with strangers, so I guess many members who could help, won't. Frankly I'd not know what to expect clicking on that - and my grandson uses this laptop and I don't want that kind of stuff in my history. Sorry - but I also didn't;t understand the snidey blast at the forum either? Why are you so angry and dismissive, when I for one, have tried to help. We're a pretty friendly community and as far as I'm aware, nobody has been anything other than helpful, and the maybe there's hope for the forum comment a bit misplaced - based on the number of members and posts. You're the newbie who needs to fit in - maybe if you read a few older posts, you'll see how we like it?
    the only thing offensive with that link is its title, the photo is simplay an image of myself singing on stage.

You have a lot of forum posts under your belt. I take it you did not visit the singing forum much last year. What a shame!

Thanks
    Yep, but That forum is always honest. When I was a teacher I would be asked some questions that were not going to be answered in a way that would be well received. If you ask, then you often need tough skins, me included. Take it, think about it and move forwards.

As for video, 32 bit and DP locks you into a time period when these things were a problem. I'm editing 4K with fast processors and terabyte storage drives. I could not earn money using XP.

If you read my response, I did NOT say 3 point lighting doesn't work for chroma key, I said it doesn't work in a small room which is different. As you have not finished your education you lack research skills to filter an analyse results. The results are not rubbish, but each result has a context, and is usually audience specific. Anyone can chroma key. You can also luminance key. You can rotoscope, although we don't really call it that because we're simply working in layers, and 'real' rotoscoping is a physical process. Choosing the right process is where the skill comes in. You asked for distances but a piece of old fashioned graph paper would make it so much simpler to understand.

What can I say? You've upset a lot of people here, and you have two choices. Be nice, and get help, or carry on talking to yourself. I've helped you, but you seem to like upsetting people. It's a grown up forum and our toleration level for children is quite low, and you're making it very difficult.

Thanks
    Yep, but That forum is always honest.
    what that I suck I am a sad little looser and should pack it all in beofre I make a fool out of my self (silly little man!) and all I have done is waste my time and money making a fool of my self taking lessons from Davie the modorator of the harmony forum

Is that what you f@@king mean? that I am a piece of shit? well go on then f@@king say it you c@@t! i dear you to come stright out with it on this forum now??? lokking forward to your responce

---------- Update ----------

When I was a teacher
    teaching what?

Thanks
    As you have not finished your education you lack research skills to filter an analyse results..
    actully Im not 15, that was just a trick to see which bully boys would take the bait in the first place

Thanks

What can I say? You've upset a lot of people here,
    Didums! like i said im not 15, that was to identify myself as some one ells and not the original jeremys fool to see if they would review my singing differently, and mickstar did!

Thanks
    Sometimes, some of our members make allowances for age - either young like you, or old like me. Most members take a request for opinion as a two edged sword. You want to be honest and to be fair, if you ask, you get the truth as other people see it. However, some members try to be less honest and blend the edges, which is not how it should be. If you post a file for review, you get what others really think and that is the purpose. If you lie - and say you are 15, then you get treated like a 15 year old - seems fair.

It does seem that you are not very good with criticism. That's cool - some people aren't, but if you ask, you must be prepared to receive, otherwise it's a backslapping club. You clearly don't worry what people other than you think. If you are an adult, then you need to behave like one. I appreciate that you don't like it, but if you feel it is all of us who are wrong, and you the lone right one - then you're in the wrong place. I've been a member for a long time. Sometimes I post things others don't agree with. They tell me I was wrong. Sometimes they say I'm very wrong. We don't fall out and we forget it immediately. We're behaving like adults and can live with disagreement. You seem to thrive on winding people up until they snap. You tried to do it with me in your post above with the diddums comment which is actually a good indicator of your attitude and immaturity. I've helped (I hope) you a number of times in your various alias member names, and never ever made the connection. I don't do grudges or carry things over, but even if you don't like what I say, I have always been reasonable, polite and honest - what you asked for. If you don't get this, and start to rant and shout, then this isn't my fault. One of us is unreasonable - who do you think it is? The people who try to help till you repeatedly go off the rails. You sound like you could be an intelligent person sometimes, but in the main you behave more like your pretend 15 year full of hormones and anger and sadly, a total lack of understanding in how people interact. When I was a teacher in adult education one of the courses I did was in identifying learning issues in students, and I wonder if you've been diagnosed with Asbergers at some point as you do show some of the common traits, and some of your reactions suggest mild to moderate autism? I'm sure that you're probably aware some of your reactions on here are outside the typical social interaction tramlines, but of course - this could be to you perfectly normal behaviour. Most members here of course will view some of your content as quite hostile, which I'm sure isn't your intention, but it does come across as quite anti-social. If I can help with any of your queries I'm happy to do so, but you could at least try to be nicer when you interact with people who take your behaviour as unfriendly. All forums try - but this one tries hard and the guys in charge are quite light in their moderation, so why insult them, and me? If you want help, why upset the very people who can maybe sort your recording problems out. There seems little point behaving badly if you want responses - put simply, you need us more than we need you.

I feel pretty bad that you lied about who you are. I felt sorry for a badly educated 15 year old, having trouble at school endnote being ready for the real world out there - then I discover you're a different person. I feel used - but I'm grown up enough to continue, if you at least pull it in a bit, and post like somebody you want to help.

The offer to help is still ok with me, but if you really don't get or want to get my point, I'll just stop responding to your posts, in whatever new name you choose. We'll spot you from the terrible spelling and grammar that you use - kind of a fingerprint really and I am stupid for not spotting it.

Pretty much your call. You will of course get angry with me, and use swear words like you did with others, but do at least have a think about how this benefits YOU, it doesn't. Calm down and carry on if you like ...........your choice.

Thread Information