Reggae cover

dainbramage

So a friend and I filmed ourselves recording the song "War/No More Trouble" by Bob Marley yesterday. I notice there are some clipping going on and my little studio is not treated, but I would appreciate if anyone took the time to watch it.

For what it's worth.

:)

I likey. good to hear an old classic like that one done up acoustically.

Thanks for sharing.

interesting video, not bad at all man, if any - I thought the buildings footage did not fit in - that is all. about the track, there is some phasing going on with the vocal and the guitar (I am curious about the acoustic guitar mic'ing - what mics and why that kind of placement). Thanks for sharing!

interesting video, not bad at all man, if any - I thought the buildings footage did not fit in - that is all. about the track, there is some phasing going on with the vocal and the guitar (I am curious about the acoustic guitar mic'ing - what mics and why that kind of placement). Thanks for sharing!

Hey thanks for checking it out! The mics on the guitar are an se2200a and an z3300a, both from SE Electronics. I positioned them like that in order to stereo mike the guitar as I find the sound more pleasing like that. I just watched it again and I have to say I agree with you on the building footage, I guess I was thinking it shows how placed on top of each other we are and that peace is possible or something like that. Thanks again for checking it out.

Jah bless one love. But, too much low end in your mid range instuments.. That hand drum and low pitch vocals masks the guitar and main vocal. Now this is rude, BUT GET UP STAND UP! Sing from your diaphram Reggae is about word being the force. You don't sing this at all, you murmur. I want activist vocal. I want to feel YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOUR ARE COVERING! Get black and loud, because all I see are crackers....

Back