Promotional Music Video Series

PaddyGordon

I filmed, edited and mixed these for my mate's band to promote their ep's.

EP1

Going Home:
YouTube - ‪Pronto Mama - Going Home (Acoustic)‬‏
Little Scheme:
YouTube - ‪Pronto Mama - Little Scheme (Acoustic)‬‏

EP2

Sheep:
YouTube - ‪Pronto Mama - I Must Be A Sheep (Acoustic)‬‏
Safety Net:
YouTube - ‪Pronto Mama - Safety Net (Acoustic)‬‏

Filmed with a Panasonic TZ10 digital camera and an £80 HD camcorder from ALDI.

Going to do more with my Canon 40D and my cousin's 5D MK II hopefully, and they'll do covers and stuff too as far as I'm aware.

All were edited in iMovie except the last one which was done in Final Cut Pro X
It was also my first time mixing with only 2 mics in stereo, I nailed the stereo image in Safety net but the others I don't think I caught so well.
I'll know in future though what to do to get it sounding proper C:

The playlist as a whole.
https://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=C3A66E48465DD391

The audio would be vastly improved if you recorded it properly. I checked out the first one but the audio is just terrible.

I plan on getting a x16 interface eventually, unfortunately I only have an apogee duet at the moment so would have to mix the stuff live otherwise with an analogue mixer.

I checked out safety net. It didn't come across too well with only two mics. But, for what you've got to work with, not too bad, either. I thought the tambourine was way too loud, the kick didn't sound good at all and probably shouldn't have been used. Singing was nice and it looked like you guys had fun.

I would have done some of the camera shots differently. For the intro, you transition into the bass player, but it takes so long that the singer starts up while you're still transitioning. There's a shot of the kick pedal that stays there too long a time. I would have liked to have seen more close-ups of the band members. It's an intimate song, captured in an intimate setting with an intimate recording, but loses the focus of the intimacy by always being at a distance.

Just my thoughts which doesn't matter much. Thanks for sharing your video. :)

Back