No Sound in Audition with MixPre-6 on Playback

wcameron

I recently purchased a MixPre-6 as a field recorder, but I'm also trying to use it as an interface. It works great for recording. I'm able to live record all my various tracks simultaneously and I get good wave forms. The problem arises when I want to playback the recording. I get great levels during recording and can hear all of the inputs through the earphones. When I playback, I don't get any audio. I've double checked that the audio hardware and mapping settings are correct in Audition. I've ensured that the settings are correct in my Windows 10 in terms of playback devices as well.

Any help is appreciated.

What options do you get in audition for audio routing? Doe it see all the four available channels,more just two, or even none? Need a bit more info on work it out for you.

I solved this today. I have to change the headphone routing between recording and playback. In order to monitor the recording level I need the headphones set to the LR Stereo option. In order to hear the recorded file from Audition, I need to then switch to USB 1,2. I don't have to do that with my Steinberg UR22mkii. It lets me hear both recording levels and playback without having to manually change settings.

Back