Lightworks Free Video Editing Software

Keyster

I have already got Sony Vegas Pro 10, but here is a free, legal Academy Award winning, video editing software download! (Apologies if already posted)
Lightworks

In the meantime, we invite you to get familiar with Lightworks, an Academy and Emmy award winning professional-grade editor with over 20 years of history in the film and broadcast industry. Having cut hundreds of films such as Pulp Fiction, The Departed, Centurion and Shutter Island, it includes a full feature set of editorial tools -- from advanced trimming and media management, to stereoscopic support and realtime effects including multiple secondary colour correctors. Lightworks has an advanced effects pipeline, utilizing the power of your GPU. And with support for up to 2K workflows with realtime effects, it is the most advanced editing application available.

Looks very interesting.

I've been putting off upgrading to full Vegas from Studio, but I'll check this out first.
(too bad they dont let you download the user guides without registering)

Whoa...that's pretty intense; seems to be a great resource for the YouTube musician with all of its lighting effects, since most of their videos are just moving camera shots with a bunch of different frames. :D

Hmm, looks like it doesn't support AVCHD format which is now on most every consumer HD camera on the market. You could always convert to a supported format, but that can be time consuming and frustrating.

Eh, think I'll stay with Vegas.

Need 3G RAM minimum, but it does open with 2G, but not intuitive at all. Could not get it do a simple trim. Uninstalled!

Back