I thought making a video would be hard.

MikeDunbar

...and it was. LOL, but not near as hard as I thought. I had read that my laptop probably had Windows Movie Maker on it, so I searched around and found it. After fooling around with an old video a friend sent me, some of the techniques started making sense. The song was the one on my download page that gets the most attention. After putting one of the album shots up on Movie Maker I was able to add the audio. So next I did a search on the net for public domain photos and mixed them with photos I had. It still looked like it needed more life to it I shot a few videos on my iphone. When that was done, I added fades and effects, all as easy or easier than adding plug ins to a mix. YouTube would only take certain formats so it had to be saved in one of them first, YouTube added instructions when trying to upload it, making it easy. So here it is, it's gotten 39 hits so far, that's not viral, maybe bacterial, but now I'm hooked. I'll have to buy an HD camera and, of course, a beret. Let me know what you think, really, I have thick skin and would like ideas before I do the next one. https://youtu.be/Ce_qCUpGIgA

Nice first effort dude! I like the tune too! Not too many girls named Juliet but I knew one ;) and she was dang purdy..

All of the tunes that I have put to Youtube I used movie maker kind of like you but no video inserts...

My next goal is doing a 3 camera iphone video using one of the multi cam apps and recording me doing my thing live which is mainly how I do my audio recordings...They never sound quite right when I record them when I'm dead...:eek:

Actually when I say live I mean one shot just me, my piano and a mic going through some effects...had some fun pulling what I have pulled off...

Below is the very first one I posted of me doing Bobby D's "like a Rolling stone" My way :guitar:

YouTube

Back