Gravity (Like A Spaceman) - The Jongleurs

Armistice

Son of Yoda
Not so much looking for feedback... just amusing myself and we needed to have something up, so it's done... enjoy.. or not!

I really enjoyed this track.

The lead vocal had an essence of Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) about it which I liked. The chorus then took me to Moody Blues. I don't know whether either of these were actual influences for you . . . but the rich and satisfying sound you've got took me back to them and that era. Well done!

Thanks gecko... I do get "Ian Anderson" every now and then... although I'm not hearing it myself! If there are influences they're not deliberate... I'm totally not trying to be a throwback to the 70s... ;)

Glad you don't want any feedback, cause this is as about as good a tune I've heard in many a year. First, I have always liked this style of music. I hear Ian Anderson like vocals, but not his style. Just has a close that vocal quality. I don't hear any Moody Blues. If I were to compare to anyone, and I don't think it is near it, but for comparison, I could think a Barkley James Harvest vibe. But even that would even be a stretch.

Great tune. It really is too bad old FM AOR radio is gone, this would have been a great tune for airplay. But alas, Clear Channel has not room for this type of music.

Really good tune. My style for sure.

Glad you don't want any feedback, cause this is as about as good a tune I've heard in many a year. First, I have always liked this style of music. I hear Ian Anderson like vocals, but not his style. Just has a close that vocal quality. I don't hear any Moody Blues. If I were to compare to anyone, and I don't think it is near it, but for comparison, I could think a Barkley James Harvest vibe. But even that would even be a stretch.

Great tune. It really is too bad old FM AOR radio is gone, this would have been a great tune for airplay. But alas, Clear Channel has not room for this type of music.

Really good tune. My style for sure.

Thanks DM - high praise indeed... I was more talking about the video, in terms of feedback... the song's committed to CD, so past the point of feedback ;). Glad you enjoyed it. I'm quite fond of it myself... just need a million people to buy it or listen to it on Spotify for my early retirement plan to kick in...

Waiting...

Waiting...

:laughings:

Thanks DM - high praise indeed... I was more talking about the video, in terms of feedback... the song's committed to CD, so past the point of feedback ;). Glad you enjoyed it. I'm quite fond of it myself... just need a million people to buy it or listen to it on Spotify for my early retirement plan to kick in...

I really thought the vid was a very nice touch to the song.

I really enjoyed it - nice little mashup of images, vids and ideas.
The song? Well, so good I'd buy the CD!

I really enjoyed it - nice little mashup of images, vids and ideas.
The song? Well, so good I'd buy the CD!

Thanks Ray, and I appreciate your FB efforts on my behalf as well! I'm putting you on my Christmas card list... :D

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that sticks right to your brain. I'll be forced to listen to that chorus looping in my head while trying to sleep tonight. Thanks.

But really, this is quality stuff and the video suits it well.

I enjoyed the video, I have been a space enthusiast since I was a little tyke. Loved the song, and if it transports me or anyone else back to the 70s, that is not a bad thing.

Thanks guys.... when I thought, in the odd dark moment of the album making process, whether it was all worth it, this was the song I turned to as affirmation that I had some vague idea of what I was doing... :)

It's a bit of an earworm, isn't it...

I wanna go high, high, high..... sing it with me boys... :laughings:

Back