Exit Music (Radiohead) -- cover and video

lingyai

The link to the video is 4 posts down. (Sorry, having just joined and only posted once before this, I had to make three more posts before I was allowed to post a url... so, forgive the next three posts, which are just there to meet the quota)

Last edited:
I saw this the other day and didn't comment. Liked the animation in the video a lot. Very clever use of the dolls to set the feel of the video. How did you do it?

If the song is a cover, I haven't heard it before, but that's nothing new. However, I'm not sure I like it so much, never been a fan of radiohead.

Some pitchiness in the vocal delivery and the guitar is a little boomy. But I get past that quickly because the video keeps my attention. Good job on that.

Thanks for the feedback Chili. Feel free to share the link with facebook friends or what not and help me boost my pathertic viewcount ;-)

Here's a link to an article on how it was done

Exit Song

If it's not too much hassle, I'd be grateful if you could point out where you hear pitchiness; I have some alternate takes which didn't get used, so might be able to fix them from one othem, or even re-record. I admit to being slighlty tone-deaf at the finer resolutions.

Anyway, thanks again, and take care

Hello lingyai,
I love animations and will use them in my music vids.
Did some already ( check my vid "Barkings Cats") even though it has nothing to do with cats. There is link to video page on my soundclick.
There should be 4 vids. It was not a music video but you can
see some advanced animations with mechanical parts like screws, nuts, spools...
It was done in Pro Engineer Wildfire but I need to check up
Software what you've been using. Maybe a couple of others too

I checked out the Crazy Talk software, it looks pretty cool. I might have to get it. Thanks.

I thought about doing an animated video for one of my songs, but reconsidered once I foound out how involved it is to produce. I jsut don't have that kind of time available.

Sikter -- you're right, it has absolutely nothing to do with cats! But it looks cool, and great track, is that your band?

Chilli, you're right -- animation is very time consuming. I doubt I'll do it again.

CrazyTalk is cool but kind of a one-trick pony...about the only thing it does well is animate faces. The new version also lets you do some stick-figure animation of bodies but if you ask me it's pretty lame.

My youtube friend Tom Jantol has done a lot of cool stuff with Crazy Talk -- check this out for example....

CrazyTalk on Vimeo

Sikter -- you're right, it has absolutely nothing to do with cats! But it looks cool, and great track, is that your band?

It's, in fact, my virtual band, The Polar Circle. I write/record/mix the songs but two guys from other part of the world send me drum and vocal tracks. We do it just for fun.

I play in real band too. I didn't record much with them but I am going to.
My next music video "Mine tanker" will be with them.

See you around!

Back