Cool - WEST SIDE STORY

Hi MooZeeck!

Thanks for sharing your talent both musically and with creating your own music video! I'm only amateur, but you are some kind of musical genius with all those chromatic runs and key shifts and changes in the meter... the dissonance, yes! I throw a lot of terminology around there I don't know ha! That must be among the most difficult kind of modernist or Jazz music one can play! I got a laugh too when you did the finger popping! You make that tiny keyboard sound professional. I could see you on Broadway, or at the Cookery at a nice concert grand fitting right in! Bill Evans would have loved you! Also your film editing was very good, spot on with the music! I couldn't hear your fingers snapping, but that's fine as you got the visual cue through with a sense of humor, the spirit of West Side Story!!! I should find you on YouTube too for a thumbs up! You must be an establish musician wherever you are!

With Kindest Regards,
Winfred

Pretty impressive. From 2018?

I thought many of the VSTs were quite good, and nothing really made me go "erk" like they sometimes can. Even with good sims, having an ear to hear when note attacks or phrasing/breaths, etc. are going to go "clang" in someone's head makes a big difference in the result. (Ex trumpet player for quite a few years here, and I made the mistake of telling someone once on another forum that what they did sounded "nothing like any brass instrument I ever heard" and they pretty much lost their stuff because they'd spent days, whatever getting it to sound, well, just wrong.)

Hi MooZeeck!

Thanks for sharing your talent both musically and with creating your own music video! I'm only amateur, but you are some kind of musical genius with all those chromatic runs and key shifts and changes in the meter... the dissonance, yes! I throw a lot of terminology around there I don't know ha! That must be among the most difficult kind of modernist or Jazz music one can play! I got a laugh too when you did the finger popping! You make that tiny keyboard sound professional. I could see you on Broadway, or at the Cookery at a nice concert grand fitting right in! Bill Evans would have loved you! Also your film editing was very good, spot on with the music! I couldn't hear your fingers snapping, but that's fine as you got the visual cue through with a sense of humor, the spirit of West Side Story!!! I should find you on YouTube too for a thumbs up! You must be an establish musician wherever you are!

With Kindest Regards,
Winfred

Wow, thank you so much!
This is the most lovely comment I have ever get!
I really did this music and video with love as I appreciate West Side Story.
I am little bit overwhelmed with compliments you give me, I am really not that level, I just love playing.

Pretty impressive. From 2018?

I thought many of the VSTs were quite good, and nothing really made me go "erk" like they sometimes can. Even with good sims, having an ear to hear when note attacks or phrasing/breaths, etc. are going to go "clang" in someone's head makes a big difference in the result. (Ex trumpet player for quite a few years here, and I made the mistake of telling someone once on another forum that what they did sounded "nothing like any brass instrument I ever heard" and they pretty much lost their stuff because they'd spent days, whatever getting it to sound, well, just wrong.)

I have spent many hours of looking VST instruments that can have quality sound, and I even made samples of my own for this piece. Since this piece is for big band, it was very challenging to find all VST's.
Overall I think it's pretty good sound, but I will probably do remix with new VST's since now there are even better VST's.
Thank you.

Back