Brutally Honest Feedback Required

Feedback on what?

This is a recording forum, not a YouTube forum, and you're posting your efforts in the wrong sub-forum for starters - perhaps read the titles and descriptions.

So we've got two YouTube videos taken on a camera phone or similar of you playing tunes on your acoustic guitar. They sound like what they are. Crappy. I'm possibly going out on a limb here, but not many great recordings I'm aware of were done in the back of a campervan using a video mic, or iPhone.

If you want to learn to record properly, this is a good place to hang out. It's not a place where anyone's going to give you props or much feedback for YouTube videos of this type. You can play acoustic guitar and sing, clearly. Good for you. Lots of people here can do that.

These are not "recordings" - they're documents. Bring us a recording, or ask for help in making one - that's what this place is all about.

Brutal enough for you? If you want love, buy a puppy. :thumbs up:

And welcome, of course. :)

I moved the thread to the Music Video Section.

We have one. I posted one of mine a couple of weeks ago. Not many people bothered to comment.

I watched yours the other day, but didn't leave a comment. I haven't been as attentive as I should be. :o

What are you trying to achieve here, Lou?

If you're trying to do a live video, you need to mic everything better. Using your camera's built-in mic is never going to yield great results.

If you want feedback on the song itself, there is a songwriting subforum too.

Back