Any Zoom q8 camera tutorials on how to best use it for a musician's video?

I don't know. I'll have to experiment with Reaper's video editing. Since I have Vegas Pro I don't have any real need for Reaper, but I have it installed in case people ask questions like yours.

Can I add in some clips of short videos with my song and do all that with Reaper? So adding clips is not equivalent technically as doing multiple camera angles?

The answer is yes.

Here is an 18 second video I just made in Reaper using two video clips and a music track

Hi Gecko zzed!

Beautiful video! You have remarkable camera equipment and such nice rich sound with your soundtrak. You also have a visual sense in an artistic way, the beautiful plants probably special to your part of the world. You answered a major question and took time to do all that, very kind!

I have to see if I might find a used guitar besides the one I've had that I bought in a Salvation Army store in 1980 for $10 with the case, my only guitar. It's not sounding my best with my trial videos. I might even offer a musician I met some money to rent one of his guitars if I can. I have to write an extensive email to him. The Q8 is easier than I thought and I guess I was too apprehensive of it. I'm not setting the gain all that well. It's hard when I can barely see the tiny bar graphs that will show when I'm clipping, and then going around my mics and adjusting the gain knobs, the back and forth and distance is an obstacle.

I didn't realize you're from a very unique part of the world and noticed in the tiny font of the ID that goes top right with every post! Your picture reminds me of people from the rural USA... but in a way Tasmania, Australia, NZ, Canada... we are all close cousins. You must have some great adventures. I feel better about deciding on Reaper now.

Thanks!
Winfred

Do an audio setup session first, with the camera placed so you can easily see the meters and access the gain controls. When you've got that sorted out, move the camera into position for taking a video.

Back