[SOLVED] another new one

All,

I am possibly talking out of place here but with the attitude and language used, I feel that the moderator/s should think very seriously about removing the poster from the forum.

Remembering that the poster more or less posted a posting that was asking for opinions -- "I think I may be getting a little better with this software", yet when those opinions were given the poster rudely took offense !!!

In reference to the video, I will say that possibly quite a bit of time was put into compiling it, although I thought it to be a bit busy and at times took my mind off the actual audio recording of the song.

Also, if you are trying to make a video clip that could possibly get "air-play" or lots of views on Youtube, etc, just think about how many videos today have the lyrics displayed on the screen and then from any that might have (I can't think of a single one !!!), just how many of those have the lyrics jumping all over the place and in different colours --- my guess none !!!!!

Just jumping the gun on the/any criticism that will come, just a very short resume -- I started with my first recording studio in the early 1960's and have since owned three professional recording studios, a successful record company and a video clip production company. So I think a bit of knowledge has been acquired over the years to know what is good, bad, just so so and great in our industry !!!!!

David

Last edited:
I am possibly talking out of place here but with the attitude and language used, I feel that the moderator/s should think very seriously about removing the poster from the forum.

It's natural for people to get defensive when their creations are criticised. Some people handle it better than others. OP's language is not terribly bad, and, as a Mod, I don't think it is worth getting too fussed about it.

Gecko,

It was only my single opinion, so I will go with whatever others (including yourself) think.

BUT, I do think that the poster should voluntarily offer a general apology to all of those that were simply giving their professional (or otherwise) opinions on the poster's video, as I am sure that they were all just trying to give some constructive ideas so as to possibly help the poster when doing future projects.

I know from my own case, there have been times when I have mixed a song and thought it was great, but after playing it to some people whose opinions I considered valuable (much the same as the members of this forum) and they gave an opinion that was different to mine, especially if the majority said much the same, rather than explode, I would take it on board and do a new mix with the suggested changes included and strangely enough in most cases when playing both versions, I had to agree that the suggested changes made the song sound much better.

Maybe the poster should do the same and with a completely open mind compare the two and also possibly play both versions to "all" of those friends, etc who the poster said like the clip exactly the way it was and now see which version they like best.

This is my opinion but I think worth a try.

David

I don’t think he should have to apologize. I was blunt. His font sucks and his reaction to me telling him his font sucks won’t change how bad it is. If he wants to get angry about it, that’s his prerogative. He certainly hasn’t said anything infraction worthy.

It's just a font, it's just lyrics. I stated, I think I am getting better with this software, I didn't post, Do you think I am getting better with this software? You want me gone, okay. I posted one more before I read this. Your wish is granted. I won't post anymore.

It's just a font, it's just lyrics. I stated, I think I am getting better with this software, I didn't post, Do you think I am getting better with this software? You want me gone, okay. I posted one more before I read this. Your wish is granted. I won't post anymore.

No-one wants you not to post anymore. You are super defensive.

I asked the moderators to take this thread down and delete my membership but they will not comply.

Why would they? I mean we...

What is it that you don't like? Honesty?

By his original inability to take criticism and then affirmation that his survey may have been jaded..He started looking a bit butt hurt...Then he really blows it with the Mom post ( which he could / should delete ) which really seals the deal on inappropriate child like behavior and it's here for anyone who happens upon this post to see....My Mom is dead I hope your Mom is dead...holy shit...get u grip! Reminds me of Billy ( SMILES) Evans the burlap bodied boy chain e-mail that I shared @ 19 years ago here. It went like this....FYI this is to bring a little levity to this dumbass thread and to ensure you mean moderators won't delete it! That would chaffe me really bad!

This is a passionate plea for all your help . . . I usually delete these letters, but this one really touched me, and I am sure it will break your heart also. Please . . . for little Billy Evans.
I am a very sick little boy. My mother is typing this for me, because I can't. She is crying. Don't cry, Mommy! Mommy is always sad, but she says it's not my fault. I asked her if it was God's fault, but she didn't answer and only started crying harder, so I don't ask her that anymore.

The reason she is so sad is because I'm so sick. I was born without a
body. It doesn't hurt, except when I try to breathe. The doctors gave me an artificial body. It is a burlap bag filled with leaves. The doctors said that was the best they could do on account of us having no money or insurance.

I would like to have a body transplant, but we need more money. Mommy
doesn't work because she said nobody hires crying people. I said, "Don't cry, Mommy," and she hugged my burlap bag. Mommy always gives me hugs, even though she's allergic to burlap and it makes her sneeze and chafes her real bad.

I hope you will help me. You can help me if you forward this email to
everyone you know. Forward it to people you don't know, too.

Dr. Johansen said that for every person you forward this email to, Bill Gates will team up with AOL and send a nickel to NASA. With that funding, NASA will collect prayers from school children all over America and have the astronauts take them up into space so that the angels can hear them better. Then they will come back to earth and go to the Pope, and he will take up a collection in church and send all the money to the doctors. The doctors could help me get better then.

Maybe one day I will be able to play baseball. Right now I can only be
third base.

Every time you forward this letter, the astronauts can take another prayers to the angels and my dream will be closer to coming true.

Please help me. Mommy is so sad, and I want a body. I don't want my leaves to rot before I turn 10.

If you don't forward this email, that's okay. Mommy says you're a mean and heartless bastard who doesn't care about a poor little boy with only a head. She says that if you don't stew in the raw pit of your own guilt-ridden stomach, she hopes you die a long slow, horrible death and then burn forever in hell. What kind of cruel person are you that you can't take five freakin' minutes to forward this to all your friends so that they can feel guilt and shame about ignoring a poor, bodiless nine-year-old boy?

Please help me. I try to be happy, but it's hard. I wish I had a kitty. I wish I could hold a kitty. I wish I could hold a kitty that wouldn't chew on me and try to bury its shit in the leaves of my burlap body. I wish that very much.

Thank You,

Billy "Smiles" Evans (the boy with just a head, and a burlap sack for a body)

Back