Zeppelin cover

Bulls Hit

Finally got my new delta 44 going properly, so here's the first completed project.

This should be a step up sound-wise on my previous efforts now that I've got preamps and 3 mics on the drums, but you tell me.

The song is Dancing Days
http://www.nowhereradio.com/nowhereradio/singles

I think the drums do sound better, but maybe they're mixed a tad loud? Also do you find the vocal annoying?

Cool cover...now RIAA will be on my ass....

Levels are a bit low all around....
performance musically is super....
guitar and drums...
kick sounds muffled...at least at the beginning...
good stereo field on the drums though...
vocals have too much verb man...
a few pitch problems too...
bass sounds pretty good but, it's hard for me to hear the nuances because, again, the overall mix level is way low....

Hey BH

Yes, the performance was super.
I thought the recording had a crispness to it.
I mostly agree with joro, the drums do sound pretty good.
Now work on bass definition:D Good Luck with that one BTW;)

Thanks for the comments Hevy & joro.

Not sure about the low levels. I did a trial d/l, they sounded ok on my machine?

Yeh what the hell happened to the kick? It was there I swear.

There's some delay on the vocal but no verb. I double tracked them and panned slightly, which may have given them a reverb effect.

No argument with the pitch issues - always have them on this song.

Thanks again!

good cover.. mix wise it does sound better than your previous stuff! a few minor performance things.. it has a live feel.. some of the vocals were reaching.. maybe a better take.. would like to hear more presence on the bass.. the guitars are crisper than the drums.. it needs a stronger bass presence in the middle.. not woofy though..

Can't comment on the Zep mix any more than previous posters...

Checked out "Beautiful People" though. Good job on that one.

very nice cover.......the vocals are good, but not quite robert plant, which makes any zeppelin song hard to cover....but you did a good job........quite good

Samij - If it sounds better than the other stuff, then I must be doing something right. Yeh the damn vocal tripped me up. It seems like it should be one of the easiest of Plant's vocals but it's quite subtle. Thanks for the ears.

ChristopherM - thanks for checking out the songs.

powderfinger - cheers dude.

Guys - thanks again for taking the time to listen & respond

Back