Zelda Metal - Dragon Roost Island Theme

JimmehUK

Hey everyone, this is a track that i've been working on in Cubase recently and i wanted to know how the mix is so far as i am completely new to both Cubase and mixing in general.

It is a metal cover of the Dragon Roost Island theme from the zelda game Wind Waker (it should be attached, 320kbps mp3). I hope you enjoy it and thank you in advance for any comments or tips :)

-Jim

Attachments

• Dragon Roost Island - Output - Stereo Out.mp3
    6.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thank you for listening! I took a look at that site, it's pretty cool and i'll probably submit this or any future tracks to there some time. Thanks :)

I'd take some reverb off the piano in the beginning and bring it more into the mix. Excellent drum programming, nice riffing. After the piano I can find no mixing issues, really.....cool stuff man...

I think the metal part is spot on. Something makes the piano unclear in the intro. I don't think it is too much reverb, possibly a larger room, different piano, or more high freq in the reverb? I also think you could start the shoreline sounds up a little louder at the beginning and fade them more slowly? Just my opinion.

Back