"On your way", original rock

GONZO-X

3rd mix, un-mastered, final arrangement,
it's got to be topped and tailed, has an extra 30 seconds or so at the end.

i think the bass line is too strong, so i need some feedback on that...
and the final chorus needs to be louder.

also, looking for translation issues at this point,
before mastering.

this song is supposed to be a sort of 'pick me up' for anyone feeling blue.

On Ur Way - 3 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Sounds good to me. I was going to compliment the bass sound, then I read that you think it's too strong... I'm on little Audio-Technica ATH-CHX5 ear buds at work though and it sounds good here. Stereo width sounds good to me too.

I like it.

Yes the bass is too loud to me (listening on Audeze LCD-3 headphones), it's burying the rest.

I think the vocals could use a little more low end too. They sound high-passed a little too much, but maybe it's from the bass being loud.

Just my opinion anyway. Overall it sounds good.

A little heavy on the bottom, but it's that kick that I'm not liking - seems dull, and if it could get a cleaner sound, and a slight notch in the bass for a [more defined kick] range, it might lift things up.

I don't have a problem with the vocals, though I might bump them up a half dB or something and see how it sounds.

P.S. Take a second and trim the track before uploading - maybe .5 sec lead-in and silence, if any, after fade, please. First I'm wondering if stuff is plugged in, and then waiting and twisting knobs to see if there's actually content out there...

Sounds good to me. I was going to compliment the bass sound, then I read that you think it's too strong... I'm on little Audio-Technica ATH-CHX5 ear buds at work though and it sounds good here. Stereo width sounds good to me too.

hey Ujn, appreciate the comments.
ear buds, usually give a pretty decent coverage of bass freqs, but they're all so different, and some favor bass where others are flatter...

I like it.

Yes the bass is too loud to me (listening on Audeze LCD-3 headphones), it's burying the rest.

I think the vocals could use a little more low end too. They sound high-passed a little too much, but maybe it's from the bass being loud.

Just my opinion anyway. Overall it sounds good.

audeze, i've heard those before over at another guys studio, they sound nice....
ok, i worked the bass and kick last night, and moved some key freqs around, made a big difference.
the vox i left alone, adding low end to them just makes them sound stuffy, but cleaning up the kick and bass helped out with the vox too, like you suggested.

appreciate the comments

Back