"On Your Way", a final mix i need some feedback on

It's not too bright for me. I'm torn between wanting to thin out the bass just a tiny bit to tighten it up tonally or leave it be. I was also undecided as to whether the snare was too much or just right. My ambivalence is probably a good sign.

It's not too bright for me. I'm torn between wanting to thin out the bass just a tiny bit to tighten it up tonally or leave it be. I was also undecided as to whether the snare was too much or just right. My ambivalence is probably a good sign.
thats a good observation, kinda parallels my thought processes...

i wrote this on bass, so it was always a 'lead' instrument, and i created the tone of the bass to be somewhat 'pointed', but i think i might be able to smooth over some of that eq fingerprint, then again, maybe its the basis of the uniqeness of the tune.

a good insight, boulder, thanks

i updated the file, see if there is a difference

It does seem tighter in the bass but not lacking. There's nothing I'm feeling driven to adjust. If I were mixing this I might go OCD on guitar eq, not that I hear anything jumping out that needs fixing. Often I'll spend hours tweaking guitar tone just to wipe all the changes and go back to where I started.

It does seem tighter in the bass but not lacking. There's nothing I'm feeling driven to adjust. If I were mixing this I might go OCD on guitar eq, not that I hear anything jumping out that needs fixing. Often I'll spend hours tweaking guitar tone just to wipe all the changes and go back to where I started.

ocd, i get that.
LOL

i always start at flat,
cuz usually the sound i'm getting off the cabinet in the room, is the one i want...
but then, in the mix,
and with certain mics,
you just gotta tweak it into the mix.

Back