Your favourite homerecording.com artists/tracks & prune juice:)

shawn gibson

I'd be interested in hearing who and what each of you think are the best mp3s people from the boards here have put to you (a link would be cool, too).

I'd also like to hear, from the people who wrote the tunes, what they used for gear, software, inspiration, coffee, beer, and, what the hell, prune juice.

You CAN'T talk about yourself as the original poster!

Just an idea...

Shawn:)

I have yet to hear anything I didn't like on this board. Some songs are produced and recorded better than others but I have truly enjoyed every tune I have heard on HR.com (Ok there was one that I didn't like) An attempt to narrow it down to just a few is futile (for me anyway).

Dennis

shawn gibson said:
I'd be interested in hearing who and what each of you think are the best mp3s people from the boards here have put to you (a link would be cool, too).

I'd also like to hear, from the people who wrote the tunes, what they used for gear, software, inspiration, coffee, beer, and, what the hell, prune juice.

You CAN'T talk about yourself as the original poster!

Just an idea...

Go through the threads yourself and you'll read firsthand in most cases what gear was used,inspiration,beverage of choice, etc....dont be so lazy.:D

I'm not lazy LOL. I've been here for a couple of weeks and I've found a few people I like already. I'm on this site all day lately:)

I just want to hear people's views of other people, you know, a kind of "I like NIN and Conway Twitty" (???) thing for locals.

If the idea sucks, then just ignore the thing...

Shawn (who's lazy?) :)

Part II: as musicians (especially aspiring musicians), isn't it always nice to have some idea of what went into the song? That's all I'm asking for...

Part III: crap I bought creamy; I *meant* to buy chunky!

:):)

There's loads of good stuff in here. Some people who throw a long shadow in here are B Sabbath, Crawdad, Chrisharris, Lt Bob - that's because they post a lot of tunes here (or play on lots of tunes here :D) and because they're very, very good at what they do. But there are ten times as many names of people I *haven't* mentioned who put stuff up here less often, but who are really worth listening to. I mean, your question was about what we thought was *best* - Sluice and drstawl do stuff that leaves me in awe - but that's me. Work out your own favorites, is my advice.

I'm just starting up after a 10 year hiatus (is that the plural of hyena?). I have been playing with software, bought a keyboard controller and Ibanez RG 560 is coming, need Pod XT, mixer and some time to learn this whole computer thing before I'll have anything...unless you want me to burn my old casettes from the early 90s? (you don't LOL)

Gimme 6 weeks for the first song...have 3 on the go just with keyboard and Fruity Loops, but I'm a guitar player, so...it's just basic bedtracks:)

Well...

There's....

This guy... duh :p (but his older songs aren't up on the net anymore, unfortunately.)

and

This guy...

and

This guy...

and

This guy...

and

This guy... (although I don't know where his mp3's are hosted anymore.)

I guess that's some of my "favorites" in general... Some guys around here come up with an unexpected gem, and then I forget who even posted it (like "Alright with Me").. so this is not a complete list, by any means. And anyway,... I'm more a fan of "songs" than of "artists". Sometimes artist are able to (somewhat) consistently produce music that I enjoy, but mostly I just look for good individual songs... and you never know where those are gonna come from.

WATYF

Back