Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your expertise is sought . . .

Thanks

Your expertise is sought . . .

Sign in to disable this ad
    I've been working for the last month on a new project for a client I just took on. Because of the amount of hours spent tracking, mixing, fixing, and what not, I don't know if I have any objectivity left at all.

Anyway, I was wondering if at least a couple of the new ones would be worthy of including in the "listen to examples of my work" section of my web site, so I'm soliciting opinions. I realize that a lot of it has to do with the talent of the band and what not, but I'd also like to hear any input you might have on my end of things (engineering/production-wise).

I'm putting this one up first because I like it and I think it's fun. I don't know why, but for some reason I just like it. It's called "I wanna' know" and it's the first one listed here:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1298&alid=-1

I wanna' know what you think . . .

Thanks
    in short..........yes.....include it in your examples............it's a very solid mix that i'm sure many bands would be happy to pay for.......good work

Thanks
    very nice, Chessrock.
    I like how your not shy with the drums. the drums carry presence and are mixed well imo.
    the song has a good vibe as a whole.
    Go with it, it will fit well in your catalog of work.

Thanks
    The instruments are all sitting real well. I can clearly hear all the guitars, bass, and drums. The drums are recorded especially nice.

The only thing I might offer in the way of possible improvement is the double tracked vocals that are hard panned (unless you did this with some processing effect). Anyway, they didn't sync all that well - it was evident that there was more than one track. I would send the lead vox trax down the center.

Thanks
    on my headphones,

the only thing that would make this better is a mastering engineer.

VERY good work.
    My mind is made up. Dont confuse me with facts.

The kind of girl I want, wants the kind of guy I'm not.

Thanks
    Nice job

Thanks
    Wow, this is some very encouraging feedback. For such a simple tune, you'd never believe how much time was put in to experimenting with different guitar and bass tones in order to have them all blend together. But it's REALLY nice to finally get a client that was willing to give me the time to do that. Most of the guys (that pass through here) just want to get in, get done, and get out (and settle for mediocre in the process).

Thanks for the criticism, TripleM -- the vocal thing is a little risky call, I'll admit.

It's just kind of a fun tune, though, isn't it? Thanks again for the feed, everyone. I hope you guys aren't just trying to be nice.

Thanks
    The recording is crystal clear. Good work.
    From a marketing perspective - spotlight clients that sound like the bands you want to attract, not necessarily your best work. You seem to really like this band, and the recording sounds great, so go for it.

Thanks
    I love all of it...all of it...all of it.

Looped it for about an hour. I didn't hear anything that bugged me at all. Reminds me of some of Beck's work that I like (he's like 2 totally different artists). I know you're looking for mix comments since it's not "yours," but whatever you did fits perfectly in my opinion, and I actually like the tune a lot.

END OF "NOTHING USEFUL" POST.

Thanks
    I heard it as well defined and present, like in the room with me but not oppressive. I could hear everything very clearly and smooth, with natural sounding dynamics. I`d call textbook example if I knew what textbook example was. The group is tasteful.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thread Information