Your comments

Ok, this sounds pretty good. I like the guitar tones, drums and bass. There is something kind of radioish about the mix. Not as in commercial but as in limited or filtered. It almost seems to be missing some air around it if that makes sense.

I think the keyboard works alright, not my favorite sound but it seems to fit in well.

Very smooth sound. Good sound on the guitars and vox. Nice voice and good singing. The vocals had a an overall good sound to me. Musically, I liked the song. Good use of ambient effects.

I'd keep the lead vocal tracks down the center (pan the harmonies). Otherwise, the syncing issues are easier to detect. I think that's what I'm hearing anyway. The vox seem heavily compressed. Probabably more than necessary.

Overall level of the mix is very quiet. There's a lot more headroom there for you.

Some weird tempo issue at about :39. Very small though.

The keyboard sound at 1:28 didn't seem to fit with the song.

First of all, what the hell is up with all the pop-ups at Nowhere? At first I thought it was just some freak occurance, but now I get 2 or 3 nearly every time I go there.

Pop-ups SUCK, Waldo.

The mix here sounds good to me, but it sounds very distant, as if it's a 4th generation cassette copy of what was originally a good mix. I don't have a problem with the lone keyboard part, but you shouldn't take my opinion on things like that. I'm doing a tune now where no instrument is playing longer than 30 seconds.

Very radio-friendly if it was the late 70s/early 80s.:)

Cool.

Chris

Re: Equipment?

Bahris said:
Whats your signal chain?

Andre

Good overall song

D8B for console.

Neve 1272, Sytek and D8B preamps.

Mics - SP 1, AKG C12, Neumann U87 various other normal mics found in a studio.

All effects, compression, gating. limiting are stock D8B.

Stupidly used the "Master" function on one of the idiot boxes I have.

That was a 3rd generation copy I used. The only one I could find at the time.

Back