Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "You and Me" - Pop/Rock and a Cheesy Grin!!

Thanks

"You and Me" - Pop/Rock and a Cheesy Grin!!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hello Fellow Creatures of the Dark,

For you listening enjoyment and consternation and my education and edification, I present the following little ditty for your dissection.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...=1746&alid=193

The song is called "You and Me"

Tasty guitar pop for entree and a rock'n'roll frenzy of wailing guitars for main course. And the sound of my vocal chords beginning to bleed for dessert. Enjoy!

Q.

Love to hear what you think -- song itself and the mix. Knock yourself out - my wife has already compared it to 'The Partridge Family' so............. But then again she was on acid......
    <insert something witty here>

AMITYVILLE, NY 110110100101000101010 ----- I live in the ----- HORROR HOUSE
    Thanks
    KILLER BASS.... YEA BABY !!!!

Mix is a little muddy and a little thin.

Drums a bit lost.

Lead vox is pretty good, I do some very, very slight key issues.

Good song, excellent effort.

Sean

Thanks
    Hey Sean,

Thanks for the listen! I appreciate it..... hmm too muddy and a little thin............wondering how I managed that trick!

The whole lot of just different bits?

Q.
    <insert something witty here>

Thanks
    Everything sounds like David Cassidy when you're on acid, man.

This is actually a pretty good song, I not fond of the guitar sound, sounds like too much fuzz for my liking. Enough changes to keep it interesting, lyics are very clever. Good stuff.

Thanks
    I've listened to this 10 times and still don't know what's wrong with this mix. It does sound a bit weird, but what the hell is it?

I've heard a few intonation problems but that doesn't necessarily make the mix weird. The bass seems a bit too upfront. Hihats too, although I think that's a matter of frequencies. Cutting some of those ultra highs could solve the 'the problem'. The harmonies that start at 2:20 are very midrangy, almost unrecognizable as vocals. Could be what you're going for, but in my ears it sounds 'wrong'.

Could it be the panning in the guitars?

I really don't know man.

I'll quit listening to it now...give my ears a rest (nice song though, a lot of stuff happening)
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trojka
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/trafo

Thanks

Q!!!!

It's always nice to hear a good song that doesn't have to take itself too seriously.
    melodramatic and funny at the same time.
    funny in a self depricating way, not a funny ha ha thing.
    this is actually a very complex song at the same time.
    what I'm trying to say is that I LIKE THIS SONG!

Thanks
    I'm hearing the same "weirdness" to the mix that I think Pedullist and smellyfuzz (muddy and thin) are referring to. And what sucks about that is my mixes have the same "weirdness" quality, so if you figure out what it is, let me know.

I really dig your approach to this. Screwed up and twisted bubble gum music. Lots of cool layers in there. Good stuff!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Xmas caroling... in lo fi... then the smiley EQ stuff fills the soundstage...

whoa, can Mr. Rogers say " midscooped"... ya know he could

Your voice sounds quite familiar... an alt-rock band singer.... Danny Elfman? Sorta... the guys from Toad-T.W.S.? Closer...

I'm thinkin the bass is too fat for its own good here... fat in the midrange... when the mix gets busy, claustrophobia sets in and the one sound that appears to be the culprit is the bass. The snare drum gets lost in those sections, and everything becomes a bit too "brite" with those cymbals.

My, my... this is one helluva production, eh? Very nice job layering ideas here... but many of them get lost... like those 'la la la's' ...

Mix is quite uneven in the frequencies... like way too much high, a few upper mids, a lot of mids, a few lower mids, and a few lows... sounds like it's time to re-set all the EQ bands and start from scratch... building from the drums and bass... and the vox.... (drums w/out the cymbals at first, if possible)

Nice production, BTW. Very creative and a lot of potential there. Keep working it.

Chad

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Querty,
    cool song man.. Your vocs have that morrissey clarity them... unexpected but cool for this type of stuff. I could imagine Ian Astbury doing this song.
    I like the production and arrangement too... especially the rhythm guitar parts.... I didnt mind the panning, it kinda sat out with the drums, and worked ok for me. Nice bass...... ...nice stuff!!
    g

Thanks
    I love that bass part. It's just a perfect part for the song. Listening on small headphones, so I can't tell for sure... But it might be lacking a little on the low end. Not a lot of "umph" behind it. I like the song in general. Real good job. I like the guitar tones too.

I think the vox are a bit far back in the mix. I think this would sound great if they were doubled. A doubled vocal sound would be perfect on this one. A couple of small pitch issues. But real small.

I think another good thing would be harmonies in the chorus. That would really top it off.

Trip...

Thread Information