yo, download this

Ummmm.... I know what this is. Did you record this ammeth? I have heard the whole album and I think it sounds great. Just, please say you are either the engineer or with the band, cause otherwise I think somebody's gonna be pissed. I'm not accusing you of anything, just never expected to see a major label recording getting tested on a home recording board!
:)

Very cool! As the mix goes, I would bring the overall durm mix up. They have great tones to them and would give more feel to the song if they were a tad louder. The vocals could use a bit more reverb to give them more depth. Again... great tones.

Awesome guitar tones! Both the clean and dirty parts sounded really great - what amps were used? I was listening to it through headphones and didn't think the drums were particularly quiet, infact that sounded pretty right to me - perhaps bring the snare up just a touch if any - but this could be an artifact of the headphones.

So you told me this isn't you ammeth... what's the story behing this then?

I thought the drums could come up too, like Fishmed said, but I really think the vocals could come up too, with or without verb.....they just weren't loud enough for me and this guy has a great voice whoever it is..........what was the effect that was used on the vox?..it sounded perfect for the song 'cept for the volume not being there....gibs

Other than the drums sounding sort of muffled, great song. Loved those guitar tones and the vocals.

Great sound. I thought the drums sounded good as is. Unique tone on the snare, I liked that a lot.

There seemed to be a bit of a mid-range bulge in the vocals. I don't know if that was a side-effect of the MP3 encoder, though. Everything else sounded pretty darn good to me.

ametth, I like this a lot. Not to beat this to death, but yeah, I think the drums could come up a little.

I kind of would like to hear the verse vocals clean or with just a tad less distortion effect on them with the level just a bit more up, and have the chorus vox as they are (with the distortion) for the power. (just a thought).

This song is great. Good job!

No, I didnt have anything to do with this recording. I was just curious to hear what people would have to say about a pro recording.

Are you sure timbomb is a "major label"?

This was just an experiment. It is not available for download anymore.

ametth

Heh... Well the responses were interesting, at least... There are actually 3 songs up on the timebomb page by this band from their new album. (Sunny Day Real Estate, if anybody liked em)
It's cool to see other people who like bands like that around here. I do kinda wish you would have been affiliated with the band, cause then i could have pestered you into doing a recording for my band :)
I think Timebomb isn't an indie, and the addition of sdre should push them up the ladder a bit...

yep, you all were my guinea pigs :) it wasnt a succes or a bomb, cause I was just curious.

technicolorprawn: I'll still record your band :)

for everybody who d/l this, thanks, the remarks were interesting to me. and go buy any album by Sunny Day Real Estate, they are one of my fav bands.

ametth

Back