Thread: yet another mp3

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    This one I tried your guys suggestions and it got a little better, but my sax just doesn't sound right. I can't get the eq right, and I tried the stuff about the low mush, but it seems there is no bass at all now.... But i'm learning, check out http://www.rbevins.com/~bob/mp3

and listen to have yourself mix.mp3

Thanks

Thumbs up

I liked both versions you had posted.
    But then I own the "Six String Santa" CD by Joe Pass.....
    That new one's got those levels handled. And plenty of dynamic range worked into the arrangement.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 10-11-1999).]

Thanks

Wink

OK I'll give you the lowdown on my equipment. Keep in mind this is not pro stuff I'm doing, its for a christmas CD for my family, including my kids singing on some tracks. I'm fairly new to the recording world. Like less than 8 months new. I've been into music for ages though, never recording.

Mics were my buddies, Audio tech's mics. makie pre amp board, recorded on Fostex d-90 I think, anyway the 8/in 8/out one. Then recorded to my computer, because the digital int. on the Fostex is adat optical, and my sblive is spdif at the freq anyway. We recorded on the Fostex at 44k. All mixing and mastering will be using software. I use n-tracks, sound forge, and cool edit pro.

I am a computer maniac, I think there is a name for this disease but I can't think of it. I do lots of stuff with computers, web sites, write programs, install networks, servers, Linux, etc.... So the computer side of it didn't scare me till I got the tracks on my computer. Now it's like how do I make it sound like it should. when we recorded it to my computer, the levels were all over, so to not clip I had to turn the levels down and I am now suffering with wimpy sounding tracks. anyway thats the equipment I am working with. and enough rambling....

Oh yeah, I see all over this bbs about how studio monitors don't show the bass, so I hard cut the bass at 100 hz.... I guess thats why there's no bass in that track.

there is stuff to be learn't <--- :-)every day whether or not you go to college....

Bob

Thread Information