And Yet Another Gidge Cover Song.

muzeman

Hi all!

This is another cover of one of Gidge's tunes that we are working on.
I wanted to post something in the cover tune challange,but didn't have time to start something new.
Then I saw Jamals post and realized I'm right in the middle of a cover tune,DUH!:D

Actually it's an ongoing colaboration,Mike is going to add electric guitars,and vocals(I hope):D,and LT Bob is going to add some sax,(YA BABY!)

I thought it would be great to get some feedback on my parts before the guys did their stuff,so's I can tighten it up before they start working on it.
Besides,I wanna play too!:D

Any comments or suggestions would be great.

Thanks as always,
Pete

First song-
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1317&alid=-1

Mike's demo-
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1959&alid=-1

I dig his vocals better,tell him will you guys!:D

man that guitar sound is beautiful.......what the..???!!!...im confused ..?....what was that you said about these vocals?..sound prety damnedgood to me !!....really nice....

yeah i really liked this one ....this is great pete...how did you record the guitar??...is this direct???....like the synth in the background too...for programmed drums they sound pretty good..im no tsure about the bass drum....a little too wet sounding maybe..?...but thats minor...

excellent!

jamal

I always thought you were a straight guy Pete, but after that comment about rathering my vocal, i am convinced you are on dope:D

as promised, i will take a crack at the vocals but im almost positive i will rather yours.....

on to the review....the acoustic tone is awesome as well as the playing.....the synth part is just perfect.......and i think the mellowness of your vocal gels perfectly with the mood of the song........im listening again to the drums to check out Jamals comment.....there may be something odd about the kick but i cant pick it out.....

all in all, as i told you 1000 times, i love it
:D

MIKE

(btw, anyone referencing this to my demo take note : mine was done in 15 minutes so cut me some slack)

Thanks very much Jamal,I'll definitly check out the kick.
Glad you thought the vocals were o.k.,coming from you that's a real compliment.

The guitars were miced with a small cap condenser,one track up a register with a capo except for the chorus where it's doubled.

Thanks bro!

Hey Mike,
Who told you I was a straight guy,you must be thinkin of two other people.:D

You definitly phrase much better than me,and you have that Elvis Costello thing goin on!
Glad you liked everything,your the man!

Thanks,
Pete

BTW-Sorry about the 8 beat intro,that's the pick up for the colaboration,oops!:D

sounds great Pete..

The only nit is the vocals are too low.. I always make my vocals too low, but these should be louder.. Yeah the drums have that serious drum machine sound.. seems like things wonder a bit @ the 2 minute mark, but I'm probably just hearing things.. (good tune Gidge) the drums wouldn't bother me if the vocals were louder.. nice sound.. your vocals sound even better with every tune..

I'll be talking to you this week about that p.m..

powderfinger -Hey thanks Drew,I appreciate the listen.
I'm going to check out your cover tonight.
If we go with my vocals,I'll bring them up.
Thanks!

Hey Sam,thanks for taking the time,I really appreciate it!
Glad you thought the vocals were o.k.
What do you think about the kick?

What,no cover from you?
I can picture one of Erlands tunes Samisized,that would be cool!

As far as the PM,

"Forget about it!":D

Thanks man,
Pete

Great singing Pete! You have some great vocals there man. Sweet guitar, man that guitar sounds really really good. Gidge writes some damn great tunes..this is another fine one. Great work on this.

Nice job on this one Pete. I think you really did the song justice. You've got a nice soothing vocal sound. It reminds me of some old Moody Blues stuff minus the mellotron.

Twist

nice job pete. great guitars. what kind of synth? what do you use for the drums? mighty tasty.

Talk about your warm and fuzzy songs. Guitars were perfect. Vocals sounded good but were kind of lost in the mix.

Smokepole-Thanks my friend,glad you liked the guitars.
If we go with my vocals,I'll definitly bring them up.

David-Didn't we have this conversation already!:D
Thanks again bro,hows about a cover from you,that would be great!

Twist-Thanks very much,I appreciate it.
Wish I had some kind of mellotron synth,definitly my favorite.

I really enjoyed your cover,great stuff!

JR#97-Hey Chad,thanks very much man.
Glad you liked the guitars,means a lot.:)

The synth was a Kurtzweil micro piano/w a little Casio keyboard.
Drums were a Zoom 423.

Hoping to hear one from you!:D

Doug H-Thanks very much for the listen!
What can I say,I like em warm and fuzzy,like my slippers.:D

Glad you liked the gits,vocals definitly need to come up,seems to be the main problem with the mix.

Thanks,
Pete

Back