Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: On y va

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    ...changed the reverb from Ambiance to the Waves Abbey Road Plate, which I just bought and wanted to try out. How does the ambiance sound on the vocals and acoustic guitars?
    I think it's much too much. Dial it back a bit. It sounds pretty good though, the reverb. I almost picked that one up too a couple weeks ago. I've been using voxengo's reverb for a long time (bright studio preset, 60ms pre, 2000 length, then take some lows out).
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratomaster View Post
    I like the chord progression and melody. Seems like alot of verb in general. I have the Abbey road plate as well very nice verb, i think it sounds better on the vocal then the guitars. The snare sound is getting dulled pretty heavily by the verb or compression. I think the arrangement is good and keeps the song interesting and moving/changing. Im curious what set you're using in Addictive? Do you have the retro kits by chance? I love the blue oyster kit...I think when this is fleshed out a bit it will sound excellent-the song is there it just sounds pretty sparse and verbed to me at the moment. Looking forward to hearing this when you've got the mix up to your usual standards. Great tune!
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I agree. Too much 'verb. The Waves plugin also gives a darker reverb than plate patches in Ambiance. Let me play with it some more. Looking again at the drum VST, oops! It wasn't Addictive at all. I was using the Rock: Dry drum samples in Jamstix4. I'll have a look at the snare.

Thanks
    I'm about to post a shootout in the OP: Waves Abbey Road Plate vs Ambiance freeware. To be fair, the Ambiance has benefited from the ongoing refinement of the mix. Acoustics are a bit lower compared to the WARP mix. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    I liked the Waves reverb better. THe Ambiance mix was a little wetter, which might be the reason. But I thought the Waves plug sounded nicer.

The acoustic guitar and bass sounded very nice.

I thought vocal was a little loud in the mix. The piano part was OK, but I would prefer something that sounded more like a real piano than a synth.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Abbey Road. But not by much - the other one is certainly usable. But Abbey sounds better when all the instruments kick in. These's a nice ambience to it all, the way they blend in together.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

7. The Following User Says Thank You to andrushkiwt For This Useful Post:

Thread Information