Would like feedback/suggestions

No, sometimes it takes awhile for people to comment. Seems that nobody wants to be the first. I will have to get back to you, I can't listen right now, I'm sorry...

brookman said:
anybody? No Comments? Is it that bad?

Not bad. I listened yesterday. If I recall, this sounds like a live recording more than an "album track" to my ears. That is, the sounds are kind of distant and not as "up-front" sounding as I would want them to be for something on a studio album. The playing was good. The vocalist could sing with a little more authority.

If it's a demo to get gigs then the live feel\sound is definitely a GOOD thing.

Definitely Bring up the drums and the bass gets lost sometimes too.
and bring down the guitars a bit.. the rythym guitar in the right hand speaker is the biggest culprit....I wouldn't pan it that far right either -- bringing it a couple notches toward center will help it to not be so overpowering.

Good job otherwise.

brookman said:
cool - thanks for the comments. What causes the live feel vs. an album track sound? Although I am doing this for a demo CD to give out to potential bars we are going to play at. I would like to do it correctly!

Thanks

See if the some feel is on this one - I feel the vocals are too loud.

http://www.lagerhead.net/band/midnightrider.wma

listening again, what I meant was that the volume levels in the mix are not very good. the guitars are too loud and the drums and lead vocal are too soft (distant). The second song (midnight rider) is plagued by similar volume problems. again, the playing is fine. It will probably work to show what your band will sound like live.

Guitars and Drums

HI,

I gave a listen this morning and I also felt like the drums were in another room or something. side-stick was clear enough but the drum rolls we way to faint. The guitars, try a few differnt versions of the guitar mixes. something in the way the sound, almost like they're fighting for attention over one another, could be that they're just so much more up front than the drums. Gonna ahve to go back to listen to the Bass guitar again.

Back