Would? - AIC, instrumental version

EL34

Clown car chauffeur
This is a Alice in Chains tune called Would? that I did as an intrumental.
It's got a bit of middle eastern flavoring sprinkled on here and there.

This is the first mix.
How's it sound so far?

I used my Drop B Strat and my Ibanez JS1200CA
Guitars into my Stereo tube pre amp into the computer and then processed with Guitar rig 2

EL34 said:
This is a Alice in Chains tune called Would? that I did as an intrumental.
It's got a bit of middle eastern flavoring sprinkled on here and there.

This is the first mix.
How's it sound so far?

I used my Drop B Strat and my Ibanez JS1200CA
Guitars into my Stereo tube pre amp into the computer and then processed with Guitar rig 2

I don't know what that song is but it isn't would by AIC.

Yes it is, from the dirt album.
Don't expect an exact copy, this is my version. :D

Yea if your doing a "cover" it should sound somewhat close to the original... while this is decent, it doesnt sound anywhere near the original, other than for a few parts... but the majority of it doesnt even remotly resemble the original..

Good track though.

There are no rules when doing a cover. Where did you read that?

Yngwie does covers of classical masterpieces that sound nothing like the original.
A million people do covers and add their own style to them.
you have to learn to think outside the box.

You can listen to the original record if you want the original. :)

Definitely threw me for a loop...your version is cool, and if you hadn't said anything about AIC, I probably wouldn't have connected those dots. Listening back to back, I hear some similarities....but you did some way different stuff, so it's not clearly recognizable.

The recording is pretty good...great playing. Some very good tones, and good sounds. Definitely has a different vibe. Very good playing to get that melody line...reminds me of Chastain. :cool:

I have no idea what the original is like so I can't compare. Perhaps we need some creative license here - sure there's some cracker jack covers here - but.....

Anyway Doug, here's another hot tune from you. I like what sounds like double note playing throughout. Smooth and nicely intonated... Overal nice blending of tones on the guitars. It definitily has that eastern feel to it, and "sways" nicely that way. Mix sounds great just the way it is - nothing to change IMHO.

Just an overall gone one....

:D :) :D :)

Thanks Dog.
I just like the tune and it came out how it came out.
:p

It's not a copy cover for sure! :D

Thanks Ido, was typing Dogs reply at the same time I guess.

I always enjoy your comments.

Oh yeah, nice version :cool: Nice playing, the overall sound kind of reminds me of satriani's crystal planet album. Perhaps a tad too much bass rumble on my system. Maybe even stacking some more octave or harmony lead guitars on the main melody as it grows may sound cool for this tune. Anyway, enjoyed the track, cool vibe :cool: :cool:

Thanks Snake,
I was wondering about the bass.
It sounds great on my big 18" speakers but my wimpy computer speakers didn't do that well with it.

Ill go back and drop the bass level or eq it and see what happens.

I like the stacked harmony idea too.

I'll get a chance to play with it more in a few days.
Thanks

EL34 said:
Thanks Snake,
I was wondering about the bass.
It sounds great on my big 18" speakers but my wimpy computer speakers didn't do that well with it.

Ill go back and drop the bass level or eq it and see what happens.

I like the stacked harmony idea too.

I'll get a chance to play with it more in a few days.
Thanks

Thanks for the anonymous negative rep FAG. :p

I for one am a fan of hearing a cover tune that has been filtered thru a performer/bands style and given a diffrent twist.
I really like the vibe you capture hear and I think it works well for a instrumental version of this song....I agree with Snake that your guitar phrasing on the melody/leads is reminsiant of Satriani at times. Bass is causing the system I am listening on to fart out at times( cheap altec lansing pc speakers/sub).
Coll job man, I dug it!

Thanks for the heads up on the bass Vari.

Glad you gave it a listen, I'll be messing with the mix again to try and deal with that pesky bass flab.

I covered that song a while ago. Unlike you I stayed very close to the original.

I'd like to here your version with vocals.

Appreciate the listen but, I don't do vocal tunes. Well very rarely, cause I am not a singer for one and I listen to very few bands that have vocals.

I am big fan of the instrumental guitar genre and that's mostly what I play.

Think Jeff Beck, Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, Yngwie, Hellecasters, Adrian Legg, Buckethead, Danny Gatton, Derek Trucks, Eric Johnson, Los Straightjackets, The Ventures, etc.

Just my personal preference. :D

Back