Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: worth a listen?

Thanks

Red face worth a listen? Runaway Rosie

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi. Here is a new song that I feel is the best I have written. It is about a girl I knew and quite simple at that.

It has taken me a four weeks to try and get the middle part with lyrics and music but finally I think I`ve cracked it! So i finished it up with a quick recording.

Its recorded in a friends big house on the coast of France and I was desparate for strings so I used her mums fiddle! Yup thats me.

I would really appreciate any comments and reviews on this one.

28. runaway rosie

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1375/album590

www.geocities.com/erlandcooper

Erland
    Last edited by Erland; 08-08-2003 at 17:23.

Thanks
    erland the travelling troubadour!

i love it erland! it's hard not to listen to your music and just gush over it. the mix isn't even an issue cause the content is so incredible. may i request that you never go home? just keep travelling, singing, and recording and sharing it with us. it's better than anything i could ever buy at the record store.

wait, you said you were going to get together with macle when you got home right? i take that back, just go home long enough for macle to record some of your music. that would be incredible. your magic and his production skills would be like all the stars lining up at once.

edit.....it's unbelievable that you also know how to play the violin. not too shabby cooper.

Thanks

Thumbs up thanks Eric.

Well I am home next Friday night. Spend a few days in London then back up to Scotland. What a trip its been!

Thats one beauty of a comment. I am really happy that you have been following me to 33. Thats really something so thanks.

Oh yeh, I asked Macle but everyone is so busy, its hard. I wrote a song for WATYF a few months back, it may have been a bit shabby too though.

Anyway, that violin was so cool to record. I cant play well AT ALL. I used to be forced as a kid (coming from the Isles in Scotland everyone plays the fiddle). It is fun to layer them up and I think I will try that better when I get home. Having strings is a real gem on acoustic music I think.

So thanks for the review Eric. This song is quite a special one to me.

Best
    Erland

Thanks
    Ah hah! Finally! I have a criticizm.....I've been waiting for the moment to nit pick something from you.....

Strings. God man they are loud. They scared the sh*t outta me. We're you purposely cranking them for dynamics? I'd bring them down a bit so that I don't need to wear Depends the next time I listen.

Other than that this is another great tune from you. Love your voice and harmonies. Your voice is by far one of my favs in the world of music today.

The strings are a tasty touch. Full of creative suprises aren't you? lol

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

~scott

Thanks
    Before I even listen to it, I will offer to do the strings for you and reproduce faithfully what you intend in the first round of collaboration, if you wish.

Make a mix at better than 160kbps without the violin and I'll pop it in there.

Now I've got to download your newest gem.
    Performing and recording with real violin, viola, and cello for bands and artists.

Thanks
    Originally posted by erichenryus
    may i request that you never go home? just keep travelling, singing, and recording and sharing it with us. it's better than anything i could ever buy at the record store.
    ROFL !
    Performing and recording with real violin, viola, and cello for bands and artists.

Thanks
    Outstanding!

Sometimes it just needs to be plain and simple

Like the fiddle, but it's mixed a tad too high, otherwise your recording sounds nice to my ears.

Congrats on what is definitely one of the best songs I've heard you share here.
    Boogeymen Productions
    www.boogeypro.com

Thanks
    After listening, I think once you return to your home and have the instrument you are familiar with from childhood you will be able to do a fine job.

The instrument you were playing sounds like a good quality instrument.

The natural reverb on the tune was very nice.

It's very beatles. If I were to do anything for you on this song, I would like to add Cello in the intro.

Thanks
    If the intent was art... it was good.

If the intent was radio play you need to trim up the structure a bit. I counted 5 verses, 3 before the bridge Then a total of 3 bridges, 1 vocal version, 1 violin version, then another vocal version. Not exactly modern structure.

Try 2 verses, repeat tag line once then go to vocal bridge then into violin bridge followed by 3rd verse repeat tag line twice, fade out onto violin bridge (optional add vocal bridge again then violin fade out). It will shorten up the tune but will give you a radio structure.

Once again if its art you want to convey, you got there. Bkgrnd vocals are a little hot and need to go back farther in the mix (reverb). I would also double the main vocal in some spots. The violins were definitely in your face. Back those suckers off a bit.

The guitars were excellent, as was the vocalist. Very pleasing sounding.

Thanks
    Erland, I blinked and missed about 10 songs
    are you gonna repost them?

Thread Information