"World's goin Down" - new bats brew song

GONZO-X

Dropbox - world's goin down.wav - Simplify your life

this is the 8th tune i've posted, off of my new album i'm working on.
the album will be called "Wild Animals".

since this is the first mix,
i'd love to get some response on how it's translating on everyone's different playback systems.

if you hear any issues, please let me know!
thanks.

also,
how the h3LL would you categorize this tune, if you had to?
i don't know what style to call it.
LOL

I liked it a lot, nice interplay between the acoustic and electric with all the little fills. I’m no mixing expert but I’d maybe say the drums could do with some reverb or subtle ambience.

I guess I’d classify it as pop rock? And not in the derogatory sense haha, just in that it’s catchy, has a hook, and has rock elements...

Sounds good overall. If I had to pick something, I'd say the intro electric guitar sounds thin. Dunno if you were going for that effect there.

I liked it a lot, nice interplay between the acoustic and electric with all the little fills. I’m no mixing expert but I’d maybe say the drums could do with some reverb or subtle ambience.

I guess I’d classify it as pop rock? And not in the derogatory sense haha, just in that it’s catchy, has a hook, and has rock elements...

hey frank!
thanks for listening...

drums, ambience, check.
just last night, i did a new mix...
i added some of the room mic into the drum bus, and that gave it just enough room to give some 'space'.

i was real on the fence about just keeping everything super dry, just kind of the way i heard the song,
but the room mic on the drums seems to work too!

pop rock, yea, i guess that's a good simple easy to understand handle.

one reviewer on another site said it was "an orchestral infused swamp-rock gumbo of bluestastic operatic late summer celestial rock n roll... Served with a side of je ne sais quoi and some baked sweet potatoes."
LOL
i don't know about all that :D:D:D

Gosh that sounds good. Not a helpful comment, I guess. But the mix has real depth, excellent definition on the instruments, and I LOVE the rhythm elements (are they acoustic guitar slaps in some places?).

At about the 2:00 mark what had been two electric guitars become one guitar solely on my right speaker, and that sounds like it should be panned centre for those few bars. That's about all I can say that's in any way critical. This grabs me from the opening thrash and doesn't let go until the final chord.

Sounds like old school jam band to me

yea, it is definitely trending away from typical modern pop format

---------- Update ----------

Sounds good overall. If I had to pick something, I'd say the intro electric guitar sounds thin. Dunno if you were going for that effect there.

hey thier,
yea, the opening is exactly what i was looking for,
something that is quite different than when the song actually kicks in with the deep kick.

Gosh that sounds good. Not a helpful comment, I guess. But the mix has real depth, excellent definition on the instruments, and I LOVE the rhythm elements (are they acoustic guitar slaps in some places?).

At about the 2:00 mark what had been two electric guitars become one guitar solely on my right speaker, and that sounds like it should be panned centre for those few bars. That's about all I can say that's in any way critical. This grabs me from the opening thrash and doesn't let go until the final chord.

hey sister,
thanks for the review!!

yea, that whole, i'm still thinking i'm going to put a simple mono synth melody line over that section,
and that's where it would go.
i may put it under the opening riff, just to fill it out a bit.

Back