Working On A New Song.....

Gidge

Lapdance Test Dummy
Again, one of my one take wonders....warning, this is one of my worst vocals yet......

Theres a few lyrics ill probably change so its about 90-95% done.....this one needs a country twang so anybody that wants to help me inprove the lyrics or cover it, PM me.........

www.nowhereradio.com/gidge/singles

IN HIS EYES

Last night I called to tell you i was sorry
But the voice I heard I didnt recognize
So today I showed up standing on your doorstep
And I could tell that I had lost you
By the look in his eyes

In his eyes I saw the love
That I could never give
The kind of love that I will search for
For as long as I shall live
And though it hurts me so much to let you go
Im so glad youve found the love
That youve been looking for
In his eyes

So tonight I wont be calling saying Im sorry
It'll be me and ol' Jim Beam tradin alibis
About all the things I should have said and done for you
And where I lost my heart
When I looked in his eyes

R/C

Last edited:
all I know was I was down your way this last week, and it got too damn cold, so I came back up to Kentucky. I was around the pearl river/slidell area on the north shore..

link?

thx emeric... I enjoyed reading your comments too!

j-station clean sound?

I hear 80's hair band all over this, with a harpsicord.
Nice lyrics.

yeah...one take demo.. tilt the bottle one more time for a little more "feelin" in that singing, dude!!

Mixmkr,

yep, J-Station...i played thru 3 different times....one with a humbucker and J-Clean, one with single coil and blackface, and one with a cheesy acousic patch (supposed an Ovation) and a single coil.....but the J-Clean part was mixed dominant........

harpsicord huh?....ill think about that:rolleyes:

I may try your advice and "tilt the bottle" next time.....maybe i should start smokin weed again:eek:

thanks for listening

MIKE

Thanks emeric.
Gidge, that one meets country criteria. A real story, has a meaningful hook that highlights the complete tune, can be easily sang, hummed, whistled, and accompanied easily. Your a dang good songwriter my friend. I just wish I could do some real country piano with authority, and sing. I`d cover it for you.
I hope one day you can make a strong pot of Community and we can visit on some of your stuff.

toki,

those comments mean alot to me amigo.....

I have a pot of Community Dark Roast with your name on it, but Ill stick to Community Cappuccino......;)

MIKE

I got one bottle tilted....maybe after a few Ill give it a shot and see if it helps........we'll call this experiment the horsepiss theory.....

Ultra12-12bottle.jpg

Nice demo... 80's hair metal is right. Lead Gtr almost sounds like a bagpipes... good lead lick.

Gotta start polishing a few o' these one takes up, there, flyin nun :cool: And I'm hopin this song isn't about Voxvendor :cool:

Attachments

• tv-sally.jpg
    tv-sally.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 160
well, i gotta admit...this song came to me all at once when i pulled up to Vox's trailer and that damn sheep bitch of his opened the door:mad:

im trying for country...i guess i cant escape the 80's......:D

yeah gidge, i wish i could write like this!!!!!! i get the hair band vibe myself. I think it's the verb and flange?? you used on the git's, that give's it that feel. if it was dried up a bit, and more "twang" on the vox, and the distorted lead kept clean, it would have more of a country feel. It could go both way's really:D good tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank's gidge!!

peace

Rick

participant,

you wont see much polish from me because i dont commit to a song long enuff for that.....i dont wanna put too much time into a song ill be changing half the lyrics to...anyway, with my mixing skills, polished might not be the word we wanna use:rolleyes: :D

if the CompCD second edition actually comes about, you will see an attempt at polish....

powderfinger, thanks for listening......

Rick, I guess Ill settle for 80's hair band even though Im going bald:D ....it was a stereo chorus panned.......thanks for listening and the compliment.....could go both ways, huh (kinda like Voxvendor)......

MIKE

btw, the Michelob version is up.......I had a few beers while reading all this and took a second take at the vocal.......I dont see a difference so i guess im going to have to do a weed version:D

Gidge said:
toki,

those comments mean alot to me amigo.....

I have a pot of Community Dark Roast with your name on it, but Ill stick to Community Cappuccino......;)

MIKE

A shot of brandy and it`ll make you nice and warm in this kinda weather. But I`d alternate cups cause you wont know what the weather is after a few of these. :)

ok im listening right now....

the song is great i hear your voice crack here and there ....i know you sing better than this....so this must be a scratch track?..

"me and jim beam will be trading alibies"....very cool.
man when that second elec git comes in it almost sounds like bagpipes!
and i hate when poeple compare what your song is to something else......so ill do it now.....this reminds me of cinderella....the band not the princess....lmao

cool song....redo the vocal

waiting
pussflap

Thanks for the song :)

It seems to me that the vocals are off-key a number of times, which seems a bit distracting, and takes my ear away from the music.

However, musicially, I think it sound nice.

Take Care,

Adam :)

lol, just realized there was a "Michelob Version" up now

Seems like the vocals are getting smoother ;)

listening to the Michelob version..

did you pitch shift the lead?

I like the song writing.. Yeah definitely an 80's metal ballad sound.. I kept waiting for the reverbed out snare to come in.. You can probably get a better vocal take, or maybe sing it lower.. good song and lyric though..

jamal,
i can probably squeeze a tad better vocal but not much...im just not a singer:( The bagpipes is my lame attempt of a little tapping thing Vito Bratta(White Lion) does in "When The Children Cry"...and I wonder why it came out sounding 80's:rolleyes: :D

adams,
off key is my specialty
:eek: thanks for listening

Sam,
the whole mp3 is pitch shifted....alot of times after i finish recording it feels like its dragging in tempo, so i speed it up...and the resulting pitch shift tightens up the vocal a tad IMO....thanks for listening.......

I have the slower tempo at the right pitch under tests......http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1959&alid=283

Back