work in progress.

Emeric

A work in progress. Any comments good or bad appreciated.

Not sure if if this is right.. new to free drive. Original song, me and a drummer. You need an account to access the virtual drive, I think.
www.freedrive.com

drive name: testmusic
keycode: 123456789

Thanks.

Emeric

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 11-07-1999).]

I like that! I'm already recording an alternate rhythm track with Marilyn whether or not you'd ever want to try to mix it in with your tracks. It's educational for me in either case. The drums seem to dominate the mix, so an extra acoustic guitar track might help.....

Glad you like it Dr!.. I guess the drums might be a bit heavy in the mix. The snare is a bit snappy, hard to fit in. I did have 2 other acoustic tracks but muted them, they were tuned E E E(octave) A E G. Don't break a string!! :)

Thanks for listening.

Emeric

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 11-07-1999).]

No strings broken... :)
I've posted your .mp3 with my acoustic guitar track dropped in at my freedrive space.

Drivename: FreedaMop3
keycode: 262770
Filename: n079_MixA.mp3 (2808KB)

It gets the idea of taming the drums across anyway. I'm sure it would've sounded a lot better had the original .wav tracks been mixed with the new track instead of .mp3 and .wav. The .wav file for the added rhythm track was >30MB. But it did drop into place without (IMHO) ruining your song, aside from the artifacts introduced from mixing within the degraded format.

Hi Dr. Stawl

I see what your getting at. I think I will add a bit more sparse acoustic lead/triad type of stuff. Not sure if the Maj7' type chords work, though they certainly mesh overtop well, maybe mixed back further, with the main acoustics louder. I'll back the drums off in the next mix, for some reason I like to have them dominant in the mix even when it's not necessary.

Thanks!

Emeric

Back