without you, please coment

yeah, i'd like to hear it on soundclick. from what i can tell here, though, the drums are too loud--the kick especially seems to overpower everything else.

the rim shots sound nice and clear but the snare sounds pretty bad. it seems, though, that the problem isn't with the recording but rather with the snare drum itself.

the bass guitar is nice, clear and present.

vox sound fine (other than being overpowered, like everything else, by the drums).

and i think you did a fine job recording the drums, but myspace isn't doing it justice. i've noticed on all my myspace songs the cymbals lose their definition (ride especially) and sound like digital distortion all over the place.

put it on soundclick for a more fair representation. :) <---smiley equals "asking nicely" :)

Hi I am fairly new to recording but Ill try and give you my two cents since forums seem to be slow. There is one thing that sticks out and thats the drums You can really hear what sounds like a small room in the drums. I can agree that the bass drum is too high and it does sound like you are getting some distortion at some parts It might be myspace but i kind of doubt it. As for the snare drum I would suggest messing with the actual snare (the wires) and also tuning the snare and those toms up. Maybe cutting a little bit of those harsh mids that make it sound sort of "cardboardy" I think the drums and guitar may need to be EQd a bit so that everything blends better. I do like the rim shots but if it was me personally I would add some reverb but thats more of a personal thing. I hope this helps a little.

ok, I posted it up on soundclick www.soundclick.com/mirthmaker

(without you (cleenest) )

drossfile: I was also thinking about the drums, and yes you are right, I realy should bring down the drums, there's not much I can do about the snare, (it's a fairly beaten CB drum with an completly eaten away skin, which I cant afford to replace, but we got a new kit comeing so it shouldnt be a problem for futre recordings)

I'm glad you like the overall sound of the drums :D I worked for weeks on it :p (and I already mentioned the snare bit)

I'm glad you like the vox, that has alwais been a problem with me.

thrilled you like the bass, (seriusly if that track was paper it would look like it's gone thrue a shredding mashiene.. one of the ones that cuts it both ways.. my bassist has no sense of rhythem :p)

and yes as posted abouve I now have it on myspace :)

guitarded2: welcome to the vast (and sometimes frusterating) world of recording :D

that's quite a bit of stuff you typed up there, thanks for putting so much time into listening (I'm sorry if my response might leave out some of your tips, I did read them)

the room we recorded the drums in wasn't actually that small (though it was quite clutterd, and poor accustics.. but it was all we had)
and I think the distortion was couse by when I turned up the volume.. I'll see if I can fix that. and trust me, we messed with the snare, skin tightness, snare tightness, diffrent obsorption pads and whatnot, it's just a el cheepo snare (with a bad skin...)

I'll try cutting some mids, but there's also alot of bleed into the overheads, which I cant mess with too much or else the cimbal sounds will go to shit...

I'll try adding a bit of EQ to the drums and guitar, I'm just a bit afraid (this also counts for the verb) is that I usually overdue it, killing the whole thing.

Thanks for the reply :D:D

Sounds an ish load better on sound click my friend. I still think it needs some more work but for the most part it sounds semi decent. When the drummer opens up his high hat it seems to over power just a tad.

Back