"The Wing Cries Mary"..........A New Redition Of Little Wing

I'll tell you that I never ever considered doing a cover of this song. Every pro has done it. (Tuck and Patti, Clapton, Stevie Ray's outtake, The Corrs) and every amateur-(especially those rugrats that hang out at GC and Sam Ash)

The Corrs version really captured my attention from a sonic perspective with those subtle celtic nuances. So I decided to do my own cover. All I can say is that it is different. Someone at the TASCAM forum was talking about their "424MkII" recorder. Well this track was done on my 424 MKIII so this might help someone make a sonic comparison.

Check it out and I look forward to the critiques. They help me improve upon what I do. The link to the song is http://www.soundclick.com/musicallymrm Click the music link for my site and then click on "Little Wing" I hope you like what you hear and if you don't, please tell me why :)

I kinda wanna hear Jimi on guitar, but your vocals are great.
Recording wize, it's ok...nothing to blow your socks off, as the instrument balances get a little off and lacks a little hi-end sheen. The fuzz solo gtr was pretty bright and tinny, however.....couple "clams" here and there...and the drum timing at times too.

great vocals.

VERY tuff tune to really do justice. You stepped up and took a big swing. Well done, not mentioning the above.

I totally enjoyed that. I agree with most of the points mentioned by MIXMKR, but the vibe, your voice, and the overall performance are great. You seem to do even more with the intro than is on the original...and it sounds like molasses. Nice job.

I liked your rendition of the song but, the lead at ~2.23 (IMO) was like an ice pick in the forehead :eek: and really blew the vibe of the prior 2 minutes 22 seconds, for me anyhow. I would recommend redoing that lead section with a sound that does the rest of your really nice work justice.

Awesome job! Guitar playing, the singing and the production is excellent. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was the guitar tone for the second, louder solo. But you're really good with this song.

Pretty nice version. Not that different in my opinion, obviously Jimi influenced.
Your version had a nice vibe and all. I'm sure you're happy with it.

After reading the comment about the solo at 2:23, I was waiting for that reference to play out, and Was the the sound you were hoping for ?
Sometimes, what sounds good live during the recording doesn't come out the same. I have had nice guitar distortion recorded sound like a $20 amp on playback.

Back