Windows media file to...

Dumby

Bummed Spammer
I'm trying to post a song in here. From my CD to here I used the RIP function in WIndows Media...and I want to attach it in here...What steps do I need to take?

Dumby said:
I'm trying to post a song in here. From my CD to here I used the RIP function in WIndows Media...and I want to attach it in here...What steps do I need to take?

Do you have it in a mp3 format?

If so, upload the song using: www.lightningmp3.com and post the link in your post.

If you need to convert your file into mp3, there are various free sites you can download to convert files from wav-mp3 etc.

I use CDex...... :)

http://cd-mp3.audiolaunch.com/cd-ripper/

Download Version 1.51
Gorty

cdex.com doesn't do conversions not that I could find...but yes, I do need to convert it before I send it to lightingmp3.com....that's my issue...

HE're's what lightning said

audio/x-ms-wma not a valid file

Do as Gorty recommends - upload to a host - there are a host of hosts just waiting to host your most. Don't forget you'll have to convert to MP3 1st.
Cheers
rayC

Dumby said:
cdex.com doesn't do conversions not that I could find...but yes, I do need to convert it before I send it to lightingmp3.com....that's my issue...

Click on that link I just reposted and download Version 1.51, that is what I use and it is so quick and easy to convert back and forth!

I downloaded it, I'll fiddle with it tomorrow it's stinking late on this side of the globe, thanks again for your help.

Dumby said:
I downloaded it, I'll fiddle with it tomorrow it's stinking late on this side of the globe, thanks again for your help.

I hope it works for ya Dumby!

Gorty :)

Not to step on anybody's toes, I just wanted to say that GoldWave is also pretty good about opening many formats and will save to many formats. So you can open your files and save them as something else. :)

It's free, no adwares, no spywares, no BS. :)

I have downloaded it. I have clicked on every button...I am still mp3less...
Compatibility...I don't think that's even a word, or I'm spelling it wrong.
It does'nt work, or I got the Canadian version

Which one did you download?

If you downloaded the Goldwave and don't see mp3, you may have to download the lame library. Which is avaialble freely with many projects. It should be available with Goldwave.

If you're talking about something else, I won't know. :)

Never been so frustrated over something so simple...I falling at this, miserably.
Help...anyone...help

You can't do it because you are trying to convert window media file to mp3. Rip the song from the cd to wav using any ripper other than wmp. then you can convert to mp3 using those converter. Hope this help. I use dBpower AMP and it come with a ripper. Free too.

I use CDex and the operation of it may seem confusing.

When you run it, the application window pops up on the screen. Just drag your wav file into the big white file area -- this will cause a popup dialog to appear with a few options on it. Click the one that says something like "Encode and Convert" (or something like that from memory).

This will cause the program to do something for a few seconds and then sit there idle again. You then have to go into your file system (using Windows Explorer) to CDex's "mp3" folder to find the file it has just made.

Maybe that helps?

Good luck
aspiring

Dumby said:
It does'nt work, or I got the Canadian version

If you have the Canadian version, you have to install it and then let it thaw for a few hours.

Back