winamps

dobro

Problems with Winamps. I've got 2.73, but it won't play stereo. The stereo light's on, but the stereo sound is not.

So I downloaded version 3.0, but I get loads of static when I play stuff on it.

Help!

my winamp does the same static thing, but only on .wav files that i've recorded........if i convert them to .mp3, they work fine.......

my solution......i don't use winamp anymore

Good idea. Cool Edit plays mp3s. Who needs Winamp? Me?

Nah.

But Winamp loads them and plays them faster.

I use Windows Media Player.
Cool thing about it is,it launches every music file you open in a new window.

Pete

powderfinger said:
my winamp does the same static thing, but only on .wav files that i've recorded........if i convert them to .mp3, they work fine.......

my solution......i don't use winamp anymore
Hey man, it's probably b/c you're recording those wav files at 24bit. Once you convert them back down to 16bit for CD burning, they play in Winamp just fine.

I have no idea what's up with dobro's winamp. I have the same version, b/c it loads about 10X faster than the 3.0 version, and I've never had a problem.

powderfinger said:
what about ... the realone player from real audio?
LOL...don't even get me started. That fucking program tries to take over my computer everytime I have to download it to play some damned .rm file.

HEY REALPLAYER PEOPLE: HERE'S A TIP! "WORD" DOCUMENTS DON'T SOUND GOOD IN 'REALPLAYER!'

Freakin' Nazis...lol.

my winamp 3.0 statics also, i just like the speedy operation that it has. musicmatch always errors on me so i use winamp. i like the eq alot on winamp.

"Hey man, it's probably b/c you're recording those wav files at 24bit. Once you convert them back down to 16bit for CD burning, they play in Winamp just fine."

No, all the files I'm talking about are mp3s. When I play a stereo file in Winamp 2.73, it plays it mono. When I play an mp3 in Winamp 3.0, there's static.

My soundcard? It might be that, because my soundcard requires me to disable Windows sounds. Maybe Winamp takes its cues from Windows sounds? Dunno. I'm just inventing...

Well, maybe there's something in that speculation - I tried loading mp3s on Windows media player, and they play just fine, but only in mono.

Back