Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Ya Give My Song A Critical Listen?

Thanks

Will Ya Give My Song A Critical Listen?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I would truly appreciate your opinion.
    Caution....it's a Christian song!!!

http://home.attbi.com/~beckd7/sounds/Run_Down.mp3
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks
    Really nice job! Good vocals.

My only suggestion: The Bass sound is not quite right. It is too harsh, sometimes distorted, and overall doesnt fit the song.

I like the keys in the background. Good stuff.

Thanks
    Originally posted by DavidK
    Really nice job! Good vocals.

My only suggestion: The Bass sound is not quite right. It is too harsh, sometimes distorted, and overall doesnt fit the song.

I like the keys in the background. Good stuff.
    I agree with ya about the bass. I just can't figure out how to record a bass. It always sounds flat and lame.
    [url=http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3232&alid=-1]Here are some of my tunes. Good for a laugh![/url]

Thanks
    Anyone else? I need to learn!!

Thanks
    Yes the bass is too bright, dynamic and harsh, maybe some compression and eq will help.
    I really like the drum sound, some real nice composing here as well. Especially around the 3:00 bridge,, very pretty

all in all something to be proud of here

Peace
    Bill

Thanks
    There seems to be an unwritten " Code of ethics" here: Listen to the other guy's stuff and comment, and they will tend to listen to your stuff and comment too. You have a song that is very worthy of hearing, but you should encourage the other people as well, and you will get lot's of ears

Thanks
    Caution....it's a Christian song!!!
    No worries. Just don't take offense at a tune I'll be posting soon about doubting your faith.

Nice, clean recording with good balance.

Nit picks:

That bass tone would sound just about right if you lost that pick.

I think you went a tad overboard with the stereo effects. There's no center to the vocals and the toms jump back & forth too much.

Thanks
    Originally posted by DavidK
    There seems to be an unwritten " Code of ethics" here: Listen to the other guy's stuff and comment, and they will tend to listen to your stuff and comment too. You have a song that is very worthy of hearing, but you should encourage the other people as well, and you will get lot's of ears
    Done and done!!! Thanks for the hint!

Thanks
    Welcome Sydfan

This is a real clean recording!
    Vocals are clean and harmonies are nice. Guitar is fairly crisp.
    Vocal treatment in the mix is nice (FX) I would bring it down the middle since there seems to be a gap in the balance.

I play bass with a pick and experience some of the same issues you are hearing. One thing you can try is a felt pick or something that won't snap the strings as much, some EQ could also bring up the low end as well as even out the highs on that bass guitar.

The drums are nice! (real drums!!.......man I wish!!)
    the panning isn't that big one way or the other but the toms sound a little muddy to me. a little compression/eq could give that kit the snap to go with the rest of the tune.

Please share with us how this was recorded. Equipment and so on. Its a very nice recording and I would love to hear how you did it.

Keep it up!
    Joel

Thanks
    Originally posted by jcmm
    Welcome Sydfan

This is a real clean recording!
    Vocals are clean and harmonies are nice. Guitar is fairly crisp.
    Vocal treatment in the mix is nice (FX) I would bring it down the middle since there seems to be a gap in the balance.

I play bass with a pick and experience some of the same issues you are hearing. One thing you can try is a felt pick or something that won't snap the strings as much, some EQ could also bring up the low end as well as even out the highs on that bass guitar.

The drums are nice! (real drums!!.......man I wish!!)
    the panning isn't that big one way or the other but the toms sound a little muddy to me. a little compression/eq could give that kit the snap to go with the rest of the tune.

Please share with us how this was recorded. Equipment and so on. Its a very nice recording and I would love to hear how you did it.

Keep it up!
    Joel
    Thanks for the kind words Joel! I feel embarrassed to put this out there after hearing what you guys have! WOW!

I recorded this on my Korg D8-eight track digital recorder. For everything except the drums I used my Peavey XR600 powered mixer into my D8. (I know....it does suck!!) I used an SM58 on the guitars and bass. I recorded the drums with my new (to me) mixer, which is a Tascam M-216. I used SM58's on all the drums, and one AKG C2000B mic overhead. I also used the AKG on the acoustic and vocals. I have A LOT to learn!!! Thanks for listening!

Thread Information