"The Wild Animals", mix ok?

Hi - I listened to this on some pretty crappy headphones at work, and mostly all the parts still sounded very clear -- so nice job! A few things that stuck out to me:

1. At 0:17, it sounds like there is momentary volume increase in the bass. Couldn't tell if it's that the bass freq's are summing with the guitar here or something else.

2. At 2:15 during the climax here, the midrange loses some definition. The vocals and the guitar and the high end of the bass seem blend together.

3. Around 3:40, the low-end gets a little muddy, but only for a second.

Hope this helps!
Pete

if this was a cake, the toothpick would come out clean.

The slightly discordant piece at 216 is very cool.

mix is ok.

[MENTION=6392]GONZO-X[/MENTION], man, that is pretty darn far from my usual listening fodder, but I really liked it!

Besides a good mix, what made me happy was the lyrics, and the fact that even in this dense mix I could actually understand every word. That was some good work there.

[MENTION=6392]GONZO-X[/MENTION], man, that is pretty darn far from my usual listening fodder, but I really liked it!

Besides a good mix, what made me happy was the lyrics, and the fact that even in this dense mix I could actually understand every word. That was some good work there.

Man.....my thoughts exactly!! As usual....with Gonzo's work....I realize how far I still have to go in a few areas of my production. Well done!!

Hi - I listened to this on some pretty crappy headphones at work, and mostly all the parts still sounded very clear -- so nice job! A few things that stuck out to me:

1. At 0:17, it sounds like there is momentary volume increase in the bass. Couldn't tell if it's that the bass freq's are summing with the guitar here or something else.

2. At 2:15 during the climax here, the midrange loses some definition. The vocals and the guitar and the high end of the bass seem blend together.

3. Around 3:40, the low-end gets a little muddy, but only for a second.

Hope this helps!
Pete

hey pete! thanks for the detailed review...
at each of these places,
i went in and re-listened, and agree with your assessment,
i edited each spot to correct.
the bass had some freq buildups that i couldn't get rid of with simple eq,
so i just edited the volumes at each instance.

that midrange issue at 2:15, was simply freq masking...i moved a few things away from each other,
and that solved that problem.

at 3:40, again, masking, and that was an easy fix.
appreciate the comments!

---------- Update ----------

if this was a cake, the toothpick would come out clean.

The slightly discordant piece at 216 is very cool.

mix is ok.

thanks manslick, yea, that spot at 2:16 i do in a few other spots too...
i was wondering if it was worth bringing that moment up in the mix, and letting everything else take a back seat for a fractionn of an instant!

appreciate that keith! especially if it's not your regularly scheduled preferred programming!
heheh

Man.....my thoughts exactly!! As usual....with Gonzo's work....I realize how far I still have to go in a few areas of my production. Well done!!

thank you mickster, i appreciate the kind words.

Back