the Wild Animals

GONZO-X

WILD ANIMALS - 4 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

ok, number 4 mix i've posted on this one.

this is unmastered.

my issues with this nearly final mix,
is i think the vox is too hot.

if i bring the vox down overall,
the rhythms sit better, bass and drums lock in better..
or, just leave everything alone, and bring up the rhythms only?

as it is, i tend to want to bring everything else up,
which is kinda backwards thinking!! LOL,
what do you think?

figure i'd bump this at least once,
before i pull it down.

i got more i'm working on, i need help with.

I really like the energy and groove, vocals, lyrics. I like the level you have the vocals at. I think some volume automation is needed here and there, on both guitars, and vocals. The only thing that I’d change doesn’t have anything to do with the mix, other than it’s clashing with the vocals. The guitar part coming in on the lyric line “ the wild animals at 1:02 I like it but maybe move it up an octave, or a register that’s not so close to the vocals. Other than that it sounds real good.

I really like the energy and groove, vocals, lyrics. I like the level you have the vocals at. I think some volume automation is needed here and there, on both guitars, and vocals. The only thing that I’d change doesn’t have anything to do with the mix, other than it’s clashing with the vocals. The guitar part coming in on the lyric line “ the wild animals at 1:02 I like it but maybe move it up an octave, or a register that’s not so close to the vocals. Other than that it sounds real good.

hey goat!
glad you had a chance to check it out...
there IS automation on every track,
but it's not all dialed in yet,
your idea of editing that one part, that's good,
i'm going to try to figure out what i want to do there.

the rhythm part is playing several dissonant harmonic clusters back to back right there,
it's really just noise.

but really cool noise.
:listeningmusic:

hey goat!
glad you had a chance to check it out...
there IS automation on every track,
but it's not all dialed in yet,
your idea of editing that one part, that's good,
i'm going to try to figure out what i want to do there.

the rhythm part is playing several dissonant harmonic clusters back to back right there,
it's really just noise.

but really cool noise.
:listeningmusic:
Noise: I know, I’m a guitar player too. The guitar side of me said cool, the producer side of me ( what’s best for song? yadda blah blah lol) says, it’s clashing with the feature ( vocals).

Last edited:
Noise: I know, I’m a guitar player too. The guitar side of me said cool, the producer side of me ( what’s best for song? yadda blah blah lol) says, it’s clashing with the feature ( vocals).
yep, this is the hat that we wear.
LOL

i'm thinking about actually dropping the vocal at that spot,
since it gets repeated multiple times,
and instead, cranking up the 'harmonic noises' on the rhythm track,
because they are actually more interesting!

but only in that one spot.
it happens at every chorus,
but was mixed hotter there........ i think i'll just run it out to it's natural tendency.
NOISE!!

Good decision. Sometimes it’s difficult for me as a musician, and doing arranging production to make a decision on what to mute, or put in the background. When I first started I’d have to go back and redo a mix because the musician side of me won out over what was best for the overall song. I think you made a good decision, the vocal is there but, it’s not as interesting as the guitar work.

Back