who is our maker

Simspajt

Can you give me any feedback on this please? Thank you

Attachments

• WHO IS OUR MAKER-1.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 27
Is this a lost track from Pink Floyd's The Wall? lol sounds pretty good. The vocals seem to get lost at times and I think it may be the reverb on it. or they need to come up a touch. I didn't really care for the effect(Flanger?) on the guitars at the beginning, but as everything came in they sounded nice. Good tone on the lead..and sounds very David Gilmour. Good job

It'd be interesting if you move the panning of the train at the beginning. As it fades in, simultaneously move it from the far left to the center. As it fades out, move it to the right. Just a thought.

I thought it sounded good. Guitar tone was nice.

The lead vocal is struggling to be heard over the guitars at times. The reverb on it is a bit heavy.

Drums sound OK. But the cymbal decay goes on forever :).

I think you could probably boost the bass level a couple of db's.

Pink Floyd fan? :)

Very thick and heavy sound overall. Most likely the reverb and nice bass level.
I think it sounds very nice. I'd really have to nitpick. I'd be rather happy with this.

I'm curious how you treated the vocal and whether or not your mic is making that tone or if you EQ'd it to get it sounding like that? That's an un-natural sound. It sounds as if a few frequencies are out of balance. It's honking a bit around 2500hz and there are one or two others that are poking out.

The mix is also a little thick in the lo-mids. Try scooping some out of the bass and chorus guitar tracks at around 300hz. Take some lo-mid out of the lead guitar too....and then bump it by 2 or 3 db.

Love the rich chorus on the guitars. I'm not too fond of the amount of time spent with the trains. It's ok but it was a bit long in the beginning.

I like it....It's totally Floyd...and well done.

When the sound of the choochoo train comes in, I think it gets loud too fast - you can slow down the rate of boost easily. I love the opening, btw - when the music comes in, and the train sounds continue, that's wonderful.

There's too much reverb on the vocal when it comes in. It needs to be louder/dryer. I can't make it out clearly enough. It needs to be more present.

The guitar solo: cut some low mids. Cut some lows.

I really like this tune. Make it sound better.

Still searching for answer
Still wanting the truth

Back