Who likes heavy tunes? Here's one for you.

I thought the recording was very good. The guitar was thick and sounded just as it should, but not hard on the ears. The whole thing just sounded well=recorded and well-mixed to me.
What are you using?

The trick in making the guitars not hard on the ears to me is keeping the emphasis below the 2.5k range, I have a BOSS GL-100 distortion processor and it gives me nice full control over mids. I wouldn't mind having a good amp head and 4x12 cab to use it with, but I don't really want to lug the marshall my band uses to my house and back, literally a pain. So I use a 60 watt samick 112. yep, not too great.
Guitars? Gibson Epiphone SG, twin humbuckers. Bass, I'm not sure on the model but it's just some cheap brand I'm borrowing off someone. Still does the job.
Mics? 1 computer mic. (ha..serious) Apps? Cool Edit Pro for tracking/editing/compressing, D-Lusion Drum Station for arranging the percussion parts, and of course my personal favorite little trick of doing the final EQ & Gain boost in Winamp, as I described in another post.

Great sound and tones.....glad to know the drummer was a program, because a live one would obviously be quite dead after the song....an example of terminal performance I suppose....gibs

Back