Who Cares (How's the Mix/Recording)

The mixing sounds good to me... no complaints on the mixing. Is this an instrumental or a song that's going to have vocals? It's kind of funny, I write instrumentals most of the time, but I kept waiting for the vocals to come in. I like how the guitar solo starts at 1:47. Overall it's a good catchy melody throughout.

Thanks. Yes it's an instrumental, though it would be nice to convert the lead guitar melody into some vocals. Quality wise, how does it sound? I'm new to recording and would really appreciate any suggestions. Is compression key to that "pro sound?" Should I apply compression to the full mix? Thanks!

Oh yeah, it sounded good to me. I'm a fan of the instrumental, that's pretty much all I've writing the last year. As far as compression goes, my advice would be to just mess around with it. Make sure you back up your original song so you don't mess it up, but from there try a few different versions of it. From my experiences compressing the whole song makes it a more in your face punchier sound (if that makes sense) and of course louder. More often than not I end up liking the compressed version better. Just try it out and maybe post the other version on here or something if you're not sure if it sounds better...

Back