A Whirlwind Mix 2

dig it..

I thought it was light in the bass drum department.. I think this is one of the best mixes I've heard from you though.. the vocals seem like they could have hit my ears a little softer.. maybe too much upper mids or over compressed or e.q.'d wrong ..something.. not sure, but I have similar problems.. cool..

The song was tight. IMHO I think you need to really throw more emotion into the song all around being its dealing with such a heavy subject matter. The music is too laid back in other words. The message isn't. I do like the lyrics though....
Myx

B.SABBATH said:
dig it..

I thought it was light in the bass drum department.. I think this is one of the best mixes I've heard from you though.. the vocals seem like they could have hit my ears a little softer.. maybe too much upper mids or over compressed or e.q.'d wrong ..something.. not sure, but I have similar problems.. cool..

Sam;

Thanks for the input Bro! Ya know, it's always appreciated, Man.

At least I have the drums on a separate track on this one! I think I can fix the bass drum by boosting a bit.

Yeah, I probably have too much EQ Boost on the Mids overall on the vox. I'm lookin at it now and I boosted four bands between 250 and 2k by 3db. I think I can fix that too.

Hopefully, I'll be off these $10 puter speaks by early next month and on a set of active Studio Monitors so I can tell how it really sounds.

Thanks for the help, Bro!

CR ><>

Myx62 said:
The song was tight. IMHO I think you need to really throw more emotion into the song all around being its dealing with such a heavy subject matter. The music is too laid back in other words. The message isn't. I do like the lyrics though....
Myx
Myx62;

Hey thanks for the listen and the comments! Yeah, it's a HEAVY SUBJECT. I thought a Torch Blues Riff was the perfect delivery vehicle for it and built the song around it.

As a Blues based guitarist, it seems to me to have plenty of emotion and drive to it. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a really great vocalist but if I put anymore emotion into that tune, as is, I'd be crying and I'm definately not Jeremiah, the weeping prophet. So, any ideas from you would be appreciated! What are you hearing when you hear those lyrics?

Thanks again!!!

CR ><>

Back