Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's up ?

Thanks

What's up ?

Sign in to disable this ad
    This one needs some work..........I could use some ideas or direction if anybody's willing to offer some thoughts.

Thanks

Try this again

What's Up ?

Last edited by BCF1; 05-01-2017 at 15:15.

Thanks
    How was it recorded? Sounds like it was a one take "live" recording. Cool guitar riffs and such...I think your first issue is it sounds over compressed. Everytime the kick hits, the overall volume drops. If everything is individual tracked, I would turn off all compressors and try to get a consistent level out of kick and bass and work from there.
    Sonar X, Les Paul, Marshall DSL40C, AD2, Rode NT1, Shure SM57, and Dunlop picks, and cheap egg shakers, and Nike Shoes.

Thanks
    Thanks Bruthish

I pulled the track for now. repost when I get it right...or listenable

Thanks
    Mix #2

Thanks
    Very sizzly in the high end. Hear crackling sound on the guitars like something clipped on way in. Something is way overdriven and harsh here. Looks like the girls are enjoying it tho!

Is this a live recording? Is it multitracked?
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    Very sizzly in the high end. Hear crackling sound on the guitars like something clipped on way in. Something is way overdriven and harsh here. Looks like the girls are enjoying it tho!

Is this a live recording? Is it multitracked?
    The recording was done at a few different times on a few different machines, Originally the drums, bass and rhthym guitar were recorded together on a VS 1680. Then at a later date the lead was recorded also on the VS. That was a few years ago. I just had a rough mix, no stems so not a lot of control on the music end. The vocals I added recently in the box and that's where we're at.
    Definitly some clipping in the original recording and that unplesent harshness is what I was attempting to reduce.

Yeah the girls are happy : )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BCF1 View Post
    The recording was done at a few different times on a few different machines, Originally the drums, bass and rhthym guitar were recorded together on a VS 1680. Then at a later date the lead was recorded also on the VS. That was a few years ago. I just had a rough mix, no stems so not a lot of control on the music end. The vocals I added recently in the box and that's where we're at.
    Definitly some clipping in the original recording and that unplesent harshness is what I was attempting to reduce.

Yeah the girls are happy : )
    I personally do not have the software, but maybe a member here has some restoration software that could help. I believe it is Ozone that has a de-click vst. Or maybe waves.

Wait, I have Sonnox plugins for Wavelab. Hmm...They can do that but for some reason I can't find them.

Give me a day to check out. Maybe I can help you.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    I personally do not have the software, but maybe a member here has some restoration software that could help. I believe it is Ozone that has a de-click vst. Or maybe waves.

Wait, I have Sonnox plugins for Wavelab. Hmm...They can do that but for some reason I can't find them.

Give me a day to check out. Maybe I can help you.
    Wow, that would be great !!! Thank you !!!

Thanks
    First off, pretty good guitar playing. I like the aggressive riffs. The mix is definitely pretty harsh though on the guitar end. It is just too loud compared to the drums and everything. Sounds like you can't do much to fix it now, but the mix makes it a bit hard to listen to.

Thanks
    Found them. Ok, PM me and send me your raw tracks. Let's see if we can get something better out of this man. The chicks need it!

Thread Information