Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Gonna Do?

Thanks

Whatcha Gonna Do?

Sign in to disable this ad
    well, this is the quickest turn-around on a song that i've ever done............written last night, recorded today...........for that reason, it probably has some issues that might need to be worked out.........anyhow, comments on mix and/or song are welcome and appreciated...........

the song is called 'whatcha gonna do?'

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...=1642&alid=154

Thanks

Thumbs up

Catchy tune there man. I'm listening on pc speakers so anything mixing wise...well you know. I think I would lose the lead lines in the intro..or get them in shape a little better. I liked the vocals in this, but they sometimes seem a little hurried. Other wise I like this man.

Thanks
    Excellent tune. Very catchy chorus. You do have a few things to drop back and punt on though. The lead guitar is out of tune especially at the beginning. Also for the most part the vocal is cool but in just a few spots you have some intonation problems, like you're really "reaching" for notes. Not being harsh my friend, you have a pretty cool tune here and it deserves the next level, ya know what I mean?

Thanks
    Hey man, liked the tune (as always). Tune your freaking lead guitar, LOL.

I thought your vocals were good. This one's SCREAMING for backups. The ones at the end sounded really good. I'd like some more.

I thought the fake drums sounded good.

Stay weird,
    Chris

Thanks
    Nice work. I like this track a lot.

I agree with most of the points already mentioned.

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Powder,
    I agree, strong song. Yeah, man.... tune up that guit The verse reminds me a bit of that Avril song..... You could really aid the areas where the vocals get thin by doubling them. It'll add support and you wont sound like youre working so hard. A few harmonies in those areas would be nice too. Speaking of vocals, this would be a great song for a HUGE chorus, imo. Nice tune man, .....oh, one last thing, during that chorus at the end, Let that bass roll through it without the stops...... keep it big!
    just mho

Nice stuff powder........ LOTSA potential here!!

g

Thanks
    good tune.. I like the sound of these drums, but some of the cymbals were strange..

sounds like a guitar is out of tune.. you should throw some more of those backups in there too, they added a lot..

the out of tune guitar is hurting this thing badly, but the tune is good..

Thanks
    David, i lost the lead lines at the beginning and i think that it helps quite a bit.......they just didn't fit stylisticly.......and they were out of tune...........thanks for listening

Track Rat, i nixed the intro lead as opposed to rerecording......i don't think it lost anything by just leaving it out........i know what you mean about those reaching parts........i would assume that you're talking about the last two sections of the second verse.....the recording you guys heard was my first ever time to sing that section at full volume (i just wrote the song, and didn't even sing it until then), and i'm going to go back and see if i can patch it up there........i like the choruses, but i think i'm going to retrack all the verse stuff

Chris, no need to tune the lead guitar when you can just remove it ..........yeah, i just pulled that intro part out and i think it's sounding better.........i'm gonna look into adding backups on the choruses............

Guernica, good call on the bass......i retracked the bass in all the chorus parts and i think it helped......i'm gonna redo all the verses (they were both first takes, done seperately) and maybe add some harmonies too..........any ideas for achieving a huge chorus? it's a tough thing to get to come through on record w/o just adding volume........harmonies?

So, i took out the weak intro lead and fixed up the bass parts on the chorus............here's the link

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists...d=1642&alid=154

Thanks
    Sabbath, you posted while i was updating.........i've removed the part you were talking about.........do you think removing that part helps?

also, think link above isn't working so here it is again.........this one whould work..............

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...=1642&alid=154

City on the Edge of Forever In Southern Illinois
    Thanks
    I liked the lyric and it's very catchy. It does sound like you are struggling for some of the notes though.

I noticed the guitar out of tune as well.

Nice job overall. Especially for a quicky.
    "Isn't this WIERD"

Thread Information