What Really Matters ?! .....Rock Track.

Sounds a little dry, not bad though. A little more reverb here and there might be good. Maybe a touch more on the snare and vocal, taste thing though, depends what you're going for. Keys that come in just after the 1 minute mark (again just after the 3 minute mark) seemed a little loud, I'd bring those down about 2db so they're not so in your face. A tad more highs (like a 10k shelf) might help the snare pop a little better, 2db again maybe. Definitely would put a little more reverb on the background vocals, maybe even turn them down a db or two.

Sounds pretty damn good overall though. Real drums?

What mic did you use on the vocals?

Sounds a little dry, not bad though. A little more reverb here and there might be good. Maybe a touch more on the snare and vocal, taste thing though, depends what you're going for. Keys that come in just after the 1 minute mark (again just after the 3 minute mark) seemed a little loud, I'd bring those down about 2db so they're not so in your face. A tad more highs (like a 10k shelf) might help the snare pop a little better, 2db again maybe. Definitely would put a little more reverb on the background vocals, maybe even turn them down a db or two.

Sounds pretty damn good overall though. Real drums?

What mic did you use on the vocals?

Hi Johnny,
Thank You for your thoughts! I was shooting for a very intimate vocal sound hence the low reverb.
The drums were a real drummer on a Yamaha kit triggering a George Massenburg sampled Yamaha kit
in Superior Drummer 3. The vocals were done by Singer/ producer Chris Sligh from Nashville and im not
sure which Mic he used for this track. Appreciation your mix suggestions as well! ........Ray

Back