what do you think of this rough track ?

laughingcolors

pretty much a rough track but 'verb on the vocals (duplicated 3x) guitar doubled and EQd and the kick drum gated abit...

also,
i tracked this band 2 days over this past weekend. It was my first time tracking a band by myself....these tracks are still really rough,http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jabram21/DontRun.wav

sorry for the huge file size, i need to compress it to mp3 soon.

Thanks for your thoughts. Again, my first band tracked....We had tons of problems starting out for some odd reason.

Jonathan

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by.

This is the MP3 Clinic.

It is almost mandatory that you convert this to an MP3.

The purpose of this forum is to learn to mix ... but more specifically how to mix 'for the MP3 format'.

There is a very real difference in mixing for WAV and mixing for MP3.

You have to be really good at mixing to WAV, before you can begin to understand HOW to mix a WAV, so that it converts well to MP3.

Give us a 128kbps MP3.

No offense, but you will get few if any listens by posting a WAV. I could be very wrong ... but I could be closer to right.

Good luck.

studioviols said:
Hi,

Thanks for stopping by.

This is the MP3 Clinic.

It is almost mandatory that you convert this to an MP3.

The purpose of this forum is to learn to mix ... but more specifically how to mix 'for the MP3 format'.

There is a very real difference in mixing for WAV and mixing for MP3.

You have to be really good at mixing to WAV, before you can begin to understand HOW to mix a WAV, so that it converts well to MP3.

Give us a 128kbps MP3.

No offense, but you will get few if any listens by posting a WAV. I could be very wrong ... but I could be closer to right.

Good luck.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

"rough track" is right....it sounds like you ran the whole thing through a Decimator program. I downloaded your gigantic file, and I wholeheartedly agree w/StudioViols....you HAVE to convert this to mp3 before you post it...it's just too fucking big at 60 megs.

Overall, not a bad tune, i thought. There was a couple places where the vocals needed serious work, and by work, I mean: singing in tune. The worst offense being the bridge part before the chorus.

THe sound quality overall is poor. It sounded muffled and dull.

I did like the guitar work on the verses.

I know you didn't post this in the songwriting forum, but you should seriously consider rewriting that bridge. It just doesn't work!

we're going back in the studio to work more on the vocals, and fi stuff up as much as we can ..... than ill mix it and post it up again in mp3....

Back