What do we do now?

yeah dude, but it takes at least a week or two for a song to post..

that suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

this sux..

soundclick.com? Iuma.com?..........there are a few others out there.....I dont know if the uploads are instant like at nowhere but there are other places out there......I think the bottom line is, that people are not gonna pay for a service until they are forced too...

Things are too expensive OFFLINE these days.....most people are not too quick to put money into online services in this economy........not as long as there are free workarounds...thats just how it is......the # of free members at nowhereradio is proof of that.

the 20-50 bucks for the ISP bill each month is enough money to spend on internet related stuff for most of the working class population.

This is CNN material.

Must think.

I'd rather transfer MP3's via Instant Messenger with everyone than use MP3.com. Ask me if I'm kidding.

Sam, wait until this weekend. If we don't have a solution by then...

well... I'll have no choice but to go with you.

damn..

Kramer, Iuma or soundclick eh? I'll have to look into it..

That really sucks though.. There was something that felt safe about being at Nowhere.. even with all it's problems..

Sluice, other than the long approval times, I dont know why people hate mp3.com so much.. I just give them a fake address and that's it.. At least they always seem to be working though..

Sharing files through Instant messenger could get complicated.. It's cool for collaborations, but it might get crazy when 50 people try to download..

The world got even darker today..

I refuse to give up though!!! There must be something we could do..

I've noticed sometimes people have a link that as soon as you click on it, it starts downloading.. There seems to be no site at all..

What's that about?

B.SABBATH said:

I notice sometimes people have a link that as soon as you click on it, it starts downloading.. There seems to be no site at all..

What's that about?

Those links are usually ones to songs that are on the users personal webspace provided by their isp.I have 15 mb's of space but most of it is used up on my Christmas site.

hmmmmm.. I wonder if I have 15 megs of space that I don't know about.. I'll have to call up Optimum Online and find out..

Would it be kinda like a Kazaa thing? Where you would have a folder to share?

and BTW, where is this Christmas site?

..Waldo's always been pretty good to me. ...I dont have a problem w/ a $20 one time kick-down..... ....if everyone "collaborates".

same here G! If that would work, I would do it!

Waldo is a great guy no doubt, but it seems like there is a cloud of doom that is always lingering, and I don't like the feeling of not knowing if your tunes are gonna be there the next time you send someone a link.. Maybe I sound like a dick for saying that, but it's true.. I have read many a thread where one day it sounded like Nowhere was gonna be better than ever, then the next day more talk of death.. It would be nice to feel a bit more secure about things..

Waldo sounds like he's throwing in the towel though.. If he says a fund raiser would help for longer than a few weeks,

DEFINITELY COUNT ME IN!!!

I'm with you on that Sam and Mike. I'd be willing to give more money than my subscription fee if it was all a bit more stable. Sam, your point is taken on the MP3.com thing, and I agree. Still...I like NWR when it's running. Let us not panic until we get a report from W.

well...try not to...

Everything would ba a hell of alot more stable on new servers and new lines. I listed the details of what it would cost to get to that point (and stay there for at least a whole year) back in December, and have been updating it every couple of weeks.

In that time period, 2 people have donated, and 2 people have said they will when they get a chance (out of 3,000+ users).

It's all in the NWR forums, always has been.

W.

Kramer said:
It's back up and running right now!:eek:

now I look like a total dick.. (again)

he did say it might be permanent, that's why I started this thread..

either way, something has to happen now.. I'm going to check on some things..

Hey Tom and Mike, I guess we should head to the NWR forums, but it seems like there is much more traffic (potentional joiners) here, but I'm gonna check it out....

I just need to complain about somebodys mix..

I'M STARTIN' TO LOSE IT!!:eek:

Waldo's forums are actually pretty damn nicely set-up. ...i did read some jibberish about Vox being a moderator over there... ....but that must be a dirty lie:D I would never leave this place, because it is the staple....and there are way too many cool folks here, .....but it is a nice place.

...just needs traffic.

...Big beautiful house w/ nobody livin there :) ....yet.

Back