West Coast California

Cool! Another one! Typing and listening.

This one has drums and bass! And distorted guitars! Much more fleshed out.

I'm still trying to put my finger on who this reminds me of. Oh, wait... a cross between the Violent Femmes and Blink 182. Ha ha! Is that close? Your vocals definitely remind me of Blink. The music, VF's. Sorry. I don't want to compare you to other bands or insult you if that's not what you're going for, but that's what this reminds me of. I can't help making comparisons when I listen to music.

It's another fun California tune. Again, I'm not a technical expert, so I can't tell you to reduce the 300 hz in the bass by .1 db or anything like that. LOL!

Second listen: I like it. It's fun. It has a lot going on, in a good way. It's raw and punky. Great guitar work. Okay... a couple of technical things. The cymbals sound really fake. The rest of the drums are passable, but the crash cymbals are kinda of janky. The snare is a little muted. Can you get that a little snappier? Actually, it sounds snappier in some parts, but really muted in others.

There are some timing issues from 3:00 on or so.

If you're just looking for a raw, garage song, you nailed it. If you want it to be slightly more refined, I think you could tighten it up here and there.

But here's my advice... any time someone gives you advice on your song, go listen to one of theirs and decide if you give a sh*t what they think. ;-)

Round 2 is a definite improvement. Better snare.. and much better splash cymbal. The first one sounded almost plastic.
I really like the vocals here - a nice, clean voice that can cut through everything.

My only nit is the length. I'm partial to 3-4 minutes. I believe some different movement(s) could make the length unnoticeable.

Oh.. I also liked the break in the middle when the toms sounded like beach music from the 60's - cool ;)

Back